• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Borders service loadings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran Member
Hi all
My wife (who has been shielding and is understandably cautious) and I will be in the Scottish Borders in 10 days time. I would like to do the Borders line into Edinburgh, and am wondering about loadings off-peak - does any member have a steer on how busy these trains are midweek? Are they booked 2 or 4 cars, as the service is only hourly?
Probably 1029 off Tweedbank and mid-afternoon back with some time in Edinburgh between.

Plan B is a solo trip covering the Fife Circle as well (DMU sadly).

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotrail158713

Established Member
Never been too busy whenever I’ve used them. (That was pre-Covid however when it was 2tph, but I don’t think it’s really changed - if anything they’re probably quieter)

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Hi all
My wife (who has been shielding and is understandably cautious) and I will be in the Scottish Borders in 10 days time. I would like to do the Borders line into Edinburgh, and am wondering about loadings off-peak - does any member have a steer on how busy these trains are midweek? Are they booked 2 or 4 cars, as the service is only hourly?
Probably 1029 off Tweedbank and mid-afternoon back with some time in Edinburgh between.

Plan B is a solo trip covering the Fife Circle as well (DMU sadly).

Thanks in advance.

The 1029 is booked for a 3-car 170 at present.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Caught a peak one yesterday morning and it was absolutely dead, so you should be fine.

Seem to be mainly 170’s or 2 x 158’s working them mainly at the moment.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Caught a peak one yesterday morning and it was absolutely dead, so you should be fine.

Seem to be mainly 170’s or 2 x 158’s working them mainly at the moment.

Today appears to be a 170 and a single 158 alternating.

Status
Not open for further replies.