• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Boundary zone ticket help

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin1985

Hi, I'm sure this is a simple question but I just want to check before I buy so I don't get caught out by the ticket inspectors. I have a weekly zones 234 Travelcard and will be travelling to my parents in Basildon this weekend. I travel from Leytonstone High Road station which doesn't have a ticket office but the ticket machines do sell boundary zone extensions. But which do I buy, is it from boundary zone 4 or is it boundary zone 5? Any help please I'd be really grateful :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
You should buy from the edge of the last zone your travelcard covers. In this case, from Boundary Zone 4.
(Boundary Zone 5 would be the 5/6 border for this journey)

I presume you are travelling via Stratford. If so, you might find it cheaper to buy at the small Greater Anglia ticket office in Stratford. This is the one that is outside in between the main station entrance and the staircase to the wide Westfield footbridge. This is because London Underground ticket offices don't always sell the whole range of tickets, and sometimes only sell Anytime tickets instead of Off-Peak.

Last edited:

justin1985

Thanks, so boundary zone 4, that makes sense.

I was going to go from Leytonstone High Road and change onto c2c at Barking. I can get the ticket from the machines at Leytonstone H road, I checked and they are there from zones 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. But not zone 1.
:D

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I can't believe I missed such an obvious route!
Yes that would be a good idea

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
There is no Boundary Zone 1. All Travelcards cover a minimum of two zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.