• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Boundary Zone tickets and the Gravesend Tilbury ferry

jopsuk

Veteran Member
hi,
I was thinking of taking a trip that would include the Gravesend-Tilbury ferry this Saturday, before it (hopefully temporarily) ceases operation. Other plans for the day would mean I would have a Z1-6 travelcard. I am aware that there are not tickets that include the ferry but that there are some that can route via the ferry, with it up the passenger to buy the additional ferry ticket.
I know there are BZ6-Gravesend and Tilbury Riverside-BZ6 singles, but is there a return ticket, at all, that would allow this routing that costs less than these two put together? I have an Network Railcard.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I did the ferry last week (a single is £4).

From a rail ticket point of view I don't think there's an appopriate Boundary Zone ticket but c2c's single leg pricing means a Boundary Zone 6 to Tilbury Town/Riverside off-peak day single with a railcard is only £2.

On the south side of the river a railcard discounted Gravesend to Boundary Zone 6 Anytime Day Single is £4.15. Note this isn't valid on HS1 - if you want to travel high speed then you need a ticket to London Terminals routed HS1 which is £13.95 with a railcard.