• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bowes Park Idiot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Jim said:
May I point something out here guys. If something is happening infront off you, it is better to call the real poilce, as BTP are bullsh** at attending fast..

Probably because the number avaliable on call, and not dealing with any other incidents is small, also many of the locations of their police "offices" is few and far between in many areas.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlexS

Established Member
The BTP don't have many officers at all, with the majority concentrated in the cities. They have an office at some london sub stations, mainline terminals, large stations like New Street in Birmingham, but if you are 'in the sticks', a call to the 0845 number to get hold of your local station is a far better bet than trying the BTP.

Jim

Established Member
Mojo said:
Probably because the number avaliable on call, and not dealing with any other incidents is small, also many of the locations of their police "offices" is few and far between in many areas.

Chances are the ones around are searching trainspotters under the terror Laws:roll:

I think the police have a bad enough job to do without people slagging them off TBH... I have experience of the BTP in a serious situation and they are truly brilliant, as are the other emergency services. Before you slag them off I think that you should try a day in thier job and see how you like it. I might sound nasty here but it really annoys me when people are like this towards the police...

RJ

Established Member
Jim said:
Chances are the ones around are searching trainspotters under the terror Laws:roll:

I've had first hand experience of that ;):roll:

Well I suppose that it's better to be over-alert than not alert enough. Either way, nothing we can do.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
James 66526 said:
I think the police have a bad enough job to do without people slagging them off TBH... I have experience of the BTP in a serious situation and they are truly brilliant, as are the other emergency services. Before you slag them off I think that you should try a day in thier job and see how you like it. I might sound nasty here but it really annoys me when people are like this towards the police...
I can't see any "slagging off" here, a couple of people pointed out that there aren't many of them and so they are often unable to respond quickly, which is true.

In every profession, there are bound to be one or two "bad apples" who may unfairly give their profession a bad name. In the case of the BTP, the majority are excellent at doing a very difficult job.

Guinness

Established Member
yorkie said:
A surprising number of them are older men who think I have no right to tell them not to do it, such as at Lichfield Trent Valley. I called him an idiot and embarrased him in front of his fellow commuters :D (who he then nearly knocked down as he was too busy shouting back at me to see where he was going! I wonder if he'll show his face to them by getting that train again ;) ).
IDIOT!!! ;)

TheSlash

Established Member
If you use ring the BTP and they are unavailable to attend an emergency they will pass the details to the local police who will then dispatch officers

Tom B

Established Member
yorkie said:
In every profession, there are bound to be one or two "bad apples" who may unfairly give their profession a bad name. In the case of the BTP, the majority are excellent at doing a very difficult job.

I don't think anyone is blaming it on the BTP officers themselves, rather the fact that they are located such that they are unable to respond to many incidents in a timely manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.