• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brighton Main Line Closure (16 - 24 February)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

whhistle

On Moderation
They’ve now cancelled all the direct buses and sent empty ones that had been booked back to the depot with no passengers on. Such a disgrace. I was also told by staff the direct buses were a secret.
While there is clearly more to this story, [the public] must appreciate that front line staff can and do:

1) Lie
2) Make things up
3) Get the wrong end of the stick

Just because you were told something, doesn't mean it's true.

I've been told three different things by three different reps of a well known hose making company. Do I believe the one that gets me what I want? Or believe the one that is most likely the truth?

Bishopstone

Established Member
The BML closure scheduled for Saturday 6 April has been deferred, to accommodate football traffic with BHAFC in the FA Cup semi-final.

The block will need to be re-scheduled. There’s no football in July, so anyone thinking of a summer weekend in Brighton without a long bus ride: feeling nervous, yet?

(And we still await dates for completion of the Lewes/Newhaven re-signalling. ‘Every weekend in August’ is my cynical guess)

387star

On Moderation
This Saturday Brighton to vics will run via Lewes which means arun valley line trains can run to normal timings

infobleep

Veteran Member
Should be interesting. How will this work with the existing signalling? Presume trains will have to run up the main line (thus blocking it) in order to reverse, hence the amended timings on Coastway services
What do you mean by run up the main line? Is this single line working?

387star

On Moderation
What do you mean by run up the main line? Is this single line working?
Trains have to turn back behind a ground position light. Thameslink go that way on occasion
Maybe there will be a driver at both ends to speed things up

Status
Not open for further replies.