• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bump at Swanage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbostar

Can we stop it with the petty arguments? I've not seen a single thing in this thread likely to get the railway into trouble - the RAIB will carry out their investigation based on the facts and what they find on site, not a tiny amount of speculation. No-one has even attempted to guess the cause, or who (if anyone) was at fault. As long as we're careful what we say, I don't see a problem!

Here here.

Mart

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Beaker - if you have nothing positive to contribute, then don't contribute.

No-one has said any of the claims you make - the allegations you make against people here are false. Please do not post such allegations again. I trust that is the end of the matter.

TheSlash

Established Member
Beaker, for clarification

"What accidents does the RAIB investigate?

The RAIB must by law investigate all rail accidents involving a derailment or collision which result in, or could result in:

The death of at least one person;
Serious injury to five or more people; or
Extensive damage to rolling stock, the infra-structure or the environment.
The RAIB may also investigate other incidents which have implications for railway safety, including those which under slightly different circumstances may have led to an accident."

Copied and pasted from the RAIB website, http://www.raib.gov.uk/about_us/index.cfm

Tomnick

Established Member
Just to clear one point up - the fact that the RAIB may have attended does not mean that the railway's 'already in trouble'. Their aim is to work closely with railways to find the cause of accidents, and help the railway take steps to prevent it happening again - not to punish the railway! Certainly this seemed to be the case with the GCR's minor incident earlier in the year.

Beaker

Established Member
Beaker - if you have nothing positive to contribute, then don't contribute.

No-one has said any of the claims you make - the allegations you make against people here are false. Please do not post such allegations again. I trust that is the end of the matter.

well seing as im probably the only one who has been to swanage/ seen damage/ photos . I could contribute positively , but no one has asked nicely.

Established Member
Beaker said he was the only person to have seen the damage!!! im going by what he said!

Meaning that know one has been pasted Swanage and seen the damage.

i dont think so, i think quite a few people would have been down there

Nathan

Beaker said he was the only person to have seen the damage!!! im going by what he said!

Meaning that know one has been pasted Swanage and seen the damage.

i dont think so, i think quite a few people would have been down there

Just only him from this forum!

Nathan

True. Moving away from the arguements, has anyone heard any real news then?

AlexS

Established Member
You won't hear anything till about 8 months next Monday, at 1132am and 10 seconds, when the RAIB published a mere 6 page report on the subject :)

Railways are generally understandably cagey about these kind of incidents officially.

T

Tom

You won't hear anything till about 8 months next Monday, at 1132am and 10 seconds, when the RAIB published a mere 6 page report on the subject :)

Railways are generally understandably cagey about these kind of incidents officially.
So true, so true (about RAIB).

Nathan

Well i think that concludes that we could be here for eight months discussing the cause before we actually find out the truth. I think that the Swanage Railway Homepage doesn't want to reveal anything yet, otherwise the site would have been updated when they posted their 'Thomas the Tank Engine' photo report.

insider

Going back several posts, it was so far back I forget who posted it, did someone say they had pictures of the EKR 'bump'?
If so, can we see them?
Cheers

TheSlash

Established Member
Going back several posts, it was so far back I forget who posted it, did someone say they had pictures of the EKR 'bump'?
If so, can we see them?
Cheers
Don't show him. Mr Baines Buffet car has recieved an interesting new livery i am told, care of the local artists ;)

dan bennett

the accident wasnt as bad as many of you are led to believe, just a minor shunting incident. More of an inconvenience than anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.