Bus Driver Listening to Music

Discussion in 'Buses & Coaches' started by lxfe_mxtterz, 4 Jan 2020.

1. Deerfold

Deerfold Established Member

I don't understand this. How do you install radios instead of drivers cleaning? Do the radios magically clean the buses?

2. PG

PG Member

Maybe the radio only plays the Rose Royce song Car Wash (substituting Bus for Car) once at the depot :lol:

3. Trainfan2019

Trainfan2019 Member

The ones I used to see were portable/personal radios belonging to drivers.

4. njlawley

njlawley Member

The drivers clean the buses at the end of their shift. In return, Jim has radios installed on all of his buses.

Last edited: 9 Jan 2020
  5. Statto

Statto Established Member

When MTL brought Northern Counties Palatine II, Volvo Olympians for Wirral Peninsula cross river routes, they had speakers fitted inside the vehicles, with Radio on, passengers complained & the radio was subsequently disconnected

6. Martin2012

Martin2012 Member

I used to regularly travel on a National Express journey between Leeds and Birmingham (a weekend extra contracted out to a private hire operator) where the drivers would regularly have the radio on although they normally had it at a volume so you could only hear it if you were sitting at the front. One of their drivers once suggested that having the radio on allowed them to get traffic updates.

Have on a number of occasions been on South Gloucestershire Bus and Coach vehicles where the radio has been played. Some buses where the driver had one in their cab but have also been on journeys being worked by coaches where it has been played at full volume.

7. Martin2012

Martin2012 Member

I used to regularly travel on a National Express journey between Leeds and Birmingham (a weekend extra contracted out to a private hire operator) where the drivers would regularly have the radio on although they normally had it at a volume so you could only hear it if you were sitting at the front. One of their drivers once suggested that having the radio on allowed them to get traffic updates.

Have on a number of occasions been on South Gloucestershire Bus and Coach vehicles where the radio has been played. Some buses where the driver had one in their cab but have also been on journeys being worked by coaches where it has been played at full volume.

8. Deerfold

Deerfold Established Member

Thanks. That makes rather more sense.

9. Driver362

Driver362 Member

It's a no no at my place