• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bus Driver Listening to Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

philthetube

Established Member
I also have no issues with drivers listening to a radio, after all no one complains at car driverrs and I cannot see any real difference.

I do however have issues with drivers using earphones, they need to easily be able to hear all that is going on around them.

I would never consider driving anything with earphones.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

prod_pep

Established Member
When MTL brought Northern Counties Palatine II, Volvo Olympians for Wirral Peninsula cross river routes, they had speakers fitted inside the vehicles, with Radio on, passengers complained & the radio was subsequently disconnected

Fairbrothers of Warrington had a couple of those Olympians after they finished with Arriva (excellent buses they were too, sorely missed) and I'm sure some drivers made use of the radio through the speakers.

Back in the late noughties, there was a 'music bus' on the university 699 route in Liverpool, which was a particular driver of the late shift who connected his iPod to the bus' speakers (using ex-London DAF DB250 buses). Sadly the driver had moved to daytime duties by the time Speke depot, which ran the 699, received an allocation of the aforementioned Olympians in 2009.

lxfe_mxtterz

Sorry to resurrect a slightly old thread!

Last week, I travelled with Compass Travel for the first time, and both of the buses I took had a radio onboard, playing songs, advertisements, etc.

One of the drivers did turn the radio off each time we passed through a sizeable town though, as is probably understandable, as driving in a built-up area requires significantly more concentration.

Really made my hour and a half journey so much more enjoyable. Fantastic rural route with great views over the hills and lovely old songs too, none of that horrid, squeaky modern stuff. :)

(Oh, and spotlessly clean buses - take note, Arriva!)

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I really don't think there's any point in dragging up this discussion again.

Status
Not open for further replies.