• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying a plus bus ticket using a priv and senior railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

philthetube

Established Member
I am travelling to Blackpool tomorrow on a priv ticket. Can I use my senior railcard to get a reduced fare plus bus ticket?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Yes, you can. I've never had an issue getting a railcard discount on a Plusbus ticket when using a Priv rate ticket, you might have to buy from someone with a ticket machine though.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
What do you mean?

You can have different discounts on the rail ticket and the PlusBus, eg. a priv-rate rail ticket and a non-discounted PlusBus, so there is no reason why the latter cannot be discounted should a suitable discount authority exist, eg. 16-25, Senior, etc.

d1672

Thanks for that reply. I am of an age where I can do this, and I use plusbus a lot on days out. I will consider getting a senior railcard now. Thanks

philthetube

Established Member
I travelled and bought the ticket, no issues, thanks all, and glad to have helped you with my question d1672

RJ

Established Member
Is this correct ?

I based my reply on years of buying railcard discounted Plusbus tickets to go with Priv discounted tickets. And also years of selling Plusbus tickets in accordance with the terms and conditions.

philthetube

Established Member
yes,usually but not necessarily, available on train when o ticket office available, or at destination if valid ticket for journey made is produced

Established Member
yes,usually but not necessarily, available on train when o ticket office available, or at destination if valid ticket for journey made is produced
There are a lot of TOCs that can NOT sell plusbus tickets on board. You would love better off buying online or at a Ticket Office.

philthetube

Established Member
Can you buy a plus bus ticket singly online? This matters as you cannot buy a priv ticket.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
You can buy a Plusbus ticket by itself if you need to at a ticket office, for example if you've just arrived and finished using your ticket to that station.

Status
Not open for further replies.