• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying Models Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbtc

Veteran Member
Do you have any recommendations of where to buy online?

From long running shops with websites, from "website only" companies, or from ebay etc?

And anyone had any problems with things bought online?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eos

Rails of Sheffield for both the shop and Ebay, and Howes for online sales. Never had a problem with either ( that can be laid at the door of either- thinking of the Heljan Clayton debacle..Not Rails or Howes fault that one).
Ive bought lots from Hattons shop over the counter, and ony one item by mail order, and I've no complaints there either....

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I usually use Hattons when ordering online because it often has cheap offers, but I'm sure there are plenty of places you could try, like Holt Models.

The last time I ordered online from Hattons I got free next day delivery because of the amount I ordered, unfortunately they took three days to pack it! I get the feeling they are a lot busier than they used to be.

fgwrich

Established Member
Amittedly as of late i have been buying quite a few of my models from Ebay really only becasue i can get quite a good price on some of them - i brought a DCC Fitted Brand new VT HST for £75 earlier this year! RRP's roughly £120 ish!

But when i do have money i get my models from Basingstokes Church Street Models - quite a few discounts in there...Hattons are also quite good and one of my favourate is Kernow Model Centre...Always have special offers on varoius stock each week...

www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com

rich

iankemp

i have used a few online stockists, due to being partially disabled and limited to what i can do. I have ordered from the signal box, smc (ebay shop) Model rail direct (ebay shop) and Gee Dee models in Nottingham and a couple of other shops. You can get some good deals if you shop about.

The Hobby Goblin has recently opened a shop in Burslem Stoke-on-Trent but have been trading on-line for a while. Prior to finding the shop, literally on my doorstep, I have used many on-line suppliers

Before you ask I don't own it or work for them just doing my bit to support the local community and if I have any problems I don't have the expense of return the goods to an on-line shop

As many others have said, Hattons is probably your best bet. Never had a problem with them, and been using them for well in excess of 2 years. Generally buy the majority of my models from them, and all are still going strong.

Sir_Clagalot

Ive used 53A models many times, you cant order off the website but they accept phone or email orders no probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.