• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE ... on an Asus Eee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Has anyone tried to run BVE on a Windows XP-based Asus Eee?
I am considering buying one for BVE on the go (amongst other things). Also when I am out, I can show it to other people.
I know the processor is an Intel Celeron-M running at 900mhz, and it has Intel GMA 950 shared graphics.
Technically it should run ok, but I was wondering if anyone has tried it and what results they got, if any.

Thanks in advance guys.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Hi

I am considering buying one for BVE on the go (amongst other things). Also when I am out, I can show it to other people.
I know the processor is an Intel Celeron-M running at 900mhz, and it has Intel GMA 950 shared graphics.
Technically it should run ok, but I was wondering if anyone has tried it and what results they got, if any.

Thanks in advance guys.

Do you have a pic of your computer your trying to use it on?

class 313

Established Member
Hi

Thanks in advance guys.

My brother has a Asus EEE. I don't think BVE4 would run well on it though. But it comes standard with Linux, so you may wanna put windows on it.

nath9425

ASUS EEE -

156_eeepc.jpg

class 313

Established Member
DVD box sized Laptops! They are great for on the move situations. Mac-book air, eat your heart out. ;)

Seriously though, say if your out photting and you wanna get your shots up as quick as possible, then find a wifi spot, for example NEXC trains. Then upload!

I have just got myself a Eee PC 900 Series with Windows XP on it and I run BVE4 from a 16GB SD-HC card and it runs fine.

Andy

Im currently posting this message from a ASUS Eee 4G, im hoping to get XP on today, and then will try BVE with in the next few days.

Ive got to say for the size of the thing its a bloody good laptop :grin:

I will post here when ive got it on, with the comments on how it runs.

Im currently posting this message from a ASUS Eee 4G, im hoping to get XP on today, and then will try BVE with in the next few days.

Ive got to say for the size of the thing its a bloody good laptop :grin:

I will post here when ive got it on, with the comments on how it runs.

Thanks Andy, appreciate it.
TBH, I'm not expecting huge fps but if it can run it at 25fps then that'll be a bonus.

Thanks.
Posted using a mobile device n that! :)

Andy

Thanks Andy, appreciate it.
TBH, I'm not expecting huge fps but if it can run it at 25fps then that'll be a bonus.

Thanks.
Posted using a mobile device n that! :)

It will depend on what route you are using, but it should be ok (well im hoping it is) :grin:

Andy

Has anyone managed to try this yet, as im having problems getting XP on my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.