• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE4 Network West Midlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan4291

Probably a bit of a long shot, but does anyone happen to have an old copy of the Network West Midlands route for BVE4? It seems you can only get the Open BVE files now. I did find links to the old BVE4 NWM route in the web archive but the download links don't work.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I've only ever used OpenBVE, but I was under the impression that the files for one were compatible with the other. I'll be honest and say that a few years have passed since I last used it, but I do recall that there was a period of time where the official source of the Network West Midlands files was withdrawn.

dan4291

I've only ever used OpenBVE, but I was under the impression that the files for one were compatible with the other. I'll be honest and say that a few years have passed since I last used it, but I do recall that there was a period of time where the official source of the Network West Midlands files was withdrawn.

BVE4 routes work in OpenBVE but not the other way round. Tried the OpenBVE version of NWM and it doesn't work.

Domh245

Established Member
I think I might have an old copy of it knocking around somewhere, but no guarantees that it'll work!

dan4291

Try this?

Absolute legend, thanks very much! Works fine, used to play this loads when I was younger so nice to reminisce!

I'm missing some trains though, can anyone help with the following BVE4 trains? (Train folder names copied from scenario files)

class66
37901 Empty Steel Carriers
37901 Loaded steel carriers
cl156
cl150-1
class 56 empty mgrs
cl158
Class 56 LE
HST4
class 56 loaded MGRs
cl153
CLASS 31
class 55 55022
class 50

Domh245

Established Member
Absolute legend, thanks very much! Works fine, used to play this loads when I was younger so nice to reminisce!

I'm missing some trains though, can anyone help with the following BVE4 trains? (Train folder names copied from scenario files)

I had everything apart from 37901 Empty and 55022. You might be able to fudge something together for 37901 empty though between my version of the loaded and the OpenBVE version, but I wouldn't know how.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I'm glad you managed to get a copy - I've had many hours of fun with NWM, and it was definitely one of the better routes available for BVE.

dan4291

I had everything apart from 37901 Empty and 55022. You might be able to fudge something together for 37901 empty though between my version of the loaded and the OpenBVE version, but I wouldn't know how.

Thanks very much again. I work on IT so pretty confident tinkering with config files so will have a go at making an empties class 37.

I'm glad you managed to get a copy - I've had many hours of fun with NWM, and it was definitely one of the better routes available for BVE.

Yeah same here, brilliant route. Used to play it loads when I was younger. I've apllied for a few train driver jobs so I think this will help with some background knowledge if needs be!

Bill EWS

The BVE routes run on OpenBVE except for numerous graphic problems. Affected graphics would appear as 'blue objects Some authors made corrections and others published data for users to edit into their route files but many didn't therefore these graphic problems remain. It was a transparency problem if I remember correctly. I still have a number of these older routes on my computer or saved to data discs. Not sure what all these are as I haven't looked at them for some years now.

Bill EWS

Just checked. I have OpenBVE v1.4.3.2 running on my PC as a stand alone programme. The NWM files are dated January 2012. The Route folder is for 2006-2010.

NWM runs OK. However it is an obvious earlier version prior to numerous updates including some station layout changes such as at Riverside.

I have attached a screen grab from the BVE4 route 'Clarendon' which didn't receive any update. You can see the blue object which is a transparency problem.

Attachments

• OpenBVETodayClarendonforBVE4.jpg
    OpenBVETodayClarendonforBVE4.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 41
Status
Not open for further replies.