• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Calvert Binliners - last week of August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railcar B

Does anyone know whether the Northolt- and Cricklewood - Calvert binliners will be diverted via Oxford and Bicester during the Evergreen 3 commissioning blockade 21 - 28 August?

If they are, does anyone have timings, particularly between Oxford & Calvert?

Also are there likely to be any route learning runs if these diversions are confirmed?

Any info on this much appreciated!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Established Member
Timings are only 'in the system' for the Cricklewood train at this time:

6M22: Oxford 13.25, Bicester 13.53-13.58, Claydon 14R22-14R22

6M23: Claydon 20R53-21R43, Bicester 22.07-22.12, Oxford 22:45

hope this helps,

MARK

Freightmaster

Established Member
Mark

Is this daily through Bicester Town during this period?
Monday to Friday.

MARK
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Northolt train...

6A58: Claydon 10R33-10R53, Bicester 11:23, Oxford 11:45

6A56: Oxford 03:50, Bicester 04:15, Claydon 04R35-05R05

MARK

Railcar B

Thanks Mark

Looks like 6A58 is roughly in the same path as the former Avon binliner.

Hope to get up there next week to take some pics, so long as it isn't raining like today!
Anyone know whether 6A56/6A58 ran yesterday and today? No sign of the train at Calvert yesterday from 09.15 and today from 07.15. When running on its regular Aylesbury routing it's usually unloading at Calvert up to about 09.30. So I can only conclude it either didn't run, or it left before dawn, or its Tues/Wed schedule has been changed to different days. Can anyone confirm what happened?

I can confirm that 6M22 ran via Bicester each day this week slightly earlier than scheduled. Today 66604 passed Islip crossing at 13.30 and arrived Claydon loop at 14.02

Freightmaster

Established Member
Anyone know whether 6A56/6A58 ran yesterday and today? No sign of the train at Calvert yesterday from 09.15 and today from 07.15. When running on its regular Aylesbury routing it's usually unloading at Calvert up to about 09.30. So I can only conclude it either didn't run, or it left before dawn, or its Tues/Wed schedule has been changed to different days.
I'm afraid that you picked the wrong days to go and see it
as 6A58 is booked to run MThFO this week...

MARK

Railcar B

Thanks Mark. I broke my own rule (never assume anything!) by assuming it would run its usual TWFO schedule. Today it left Calvert about 09.50, but after running round,was still sitting in Claydon loop at 11.20 when I had to abandon things to go and collect my daughter.

Hope to have one final stab at it tomorrow.
Today 6A58 left Calvert at 10.50; left Claydon loop at 11.35, which put it well behind the 11.30 Bicester - Oxford passenger. It's interesting that if the stated schedules were strictly adhered to, both 6A58 and 6M22 would be at Bicester at the same time as a passenger train - surely not possible! Who's not talking to whom here, I wonder?

Bob
With Evergreen 3 commissioning likely to overrun tomorrow, will the Calvert Binliner(s) be diverted via Oxford/Bicester tomorrow? Is 6A56/6A58 booked to run tomorrow? Any info much appreciated.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Today 6A58 left Calvert at 10.50; left Claydon loop at 11.35, which put it well behind the 11.30 Bicester - Oxford passenger. It's interesting that if the stated schedules were strictly adhered to, both 6A58 and 6M22 would be at Bicester at the same time as a passenger train - surely not possible! Who's not talking to whom here, I wonder?

Superb piece of STP planning there....

Dampflok

On the days the binliners were diverted, the booked time of 6A58 at Bicester was 11:57 to 12:02, so well clear of the passenger train which is scheduled to depart at 11:30.

6M22 was booked at Bicester at 13:52 to 13:57 so in theory just ahead of the passenger train due to arrive in Bicester at 13:55.

I went out on Thursday last week to see these, but missed 6A58 as it ran early apparently - it was reported as through Didcot 20 minutes early. 6M22 also ran early so was well clear of the passenger train, it arrived at Claydon L&NE Junction at about 13:58, booked time 14:22. It also arrived early into Calvert arriving at 14:22 at the north end of the old station area and into the unloading gantry by 14:34, due at 15:14.

So no conflict of movements there then...

Cheers, Geoff

The Planner

Veteran Member
6M22 was booked at Bicester at 13:52 to 13:57 so in theory just ahead of the passenger train due to arrive in Bicester at 13:55.

If 6M22 was going northbound towards Claydon, that is still a clash. Technically you shouldn't have a train anywhere near that close at Bicester Town/London Road LC. 6M22 would have had it's arse in the station I would have thought as it operated the crossing, therefore the passenger couldn't get anywhere near it.

woodhead

Calvert, Bucks (1530 today) with Freightliner 66614 at head of a 'binliner' being loaded, pointing in the direction of Claydon Junc. Couldn't get in range of the driver to confirm that it would be returning via Quainton not Bicester. The wagons in view were marked Avon CC and I assume these have been transferred to other duties rather than the Avon Binliner being restored? Following the withdrawal of timetabled freight between Calvert and Bicester (?), the line has retained a thin silvery shine either from light engines or railcars. During the temp. diversions last week the line was shining full width! I'm told by drivers on the Bicester Oxford service that their unit goes back to Banbury for the night and would not account for this continued daily use of the Claydon line. Any clues – driver training was suggested by one driver but daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.