• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cambridge to Wymondham any permitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasTank

I have the above Anytime return ticket which, the ticket says, is 'any permitted'. Now. What does that 'any permitted' actually mean??!

I was planning to go from Cambridge via Ely on NXEA but on the return can I travel up to Norwich, and go back via Diss and Newmarket?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Valid Routes from Cambridge [CBG] to Wymondham [WMD]:

1. Direct trains from Cambridge to Wymondham
  2. Shortest Route: 57 miles (may not be accurate)
    • Cambridge
    • Ely
    • Shippea Hill
    • Lakenheath
    • Brandon
    • Thetford
    • Harling Road
    • Eccles Road
    • Attleborough
    • Spooner Row
    • Wymondham
  3. Mapped Routes *:
    Cambridge - Ely:

* Using Ely as an appropriate Routeing Point (RP). Norwich and Peterborough are not appropriate RPs as they fail the fares check rule.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I belive there is an easement allowing double back from Norwich, so you could get an EMT from Ely which calls at Thetford only, continue onto Norwich and then use the same ticket on a stopper back from there to Wymondham :smile:

However I haven't got time to double check this, hopefully someone will be able to for you :)

34D

Established Member
Here we go
easement 4 said:
Journeys from Harling Road, Eccles Road, Attleborough, Spooner Row or Wymondham to Ely and stations beyond Ely may double back from Norwich. This easement applies in both directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.