• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Camera wont connect!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry42

Nikon coolpix L25 camera:

OK, want to get photos onto computer.

I plug in the USB cable into the correct in the camera. Then plug the other end into the USB slot in the computer. Camera light comes on. Fine!

Can't find the camera on the computer. Not on computer drive, no where! I am going to die in a minute! Tried on a laptop and computer now. HELP PLEASSEEE!!!!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yew

Established Member
Relax man, give the computer time to try and find drivers, and if it doesn't do anything, try turning the camera on using the power button. That's what I have to do with my kayaking camera.

Alternatively, if you have a memory card reader on your PC, chuck the card from the camera in there

Waldgrun

Harry have you a spare cable, if you have try that. Or does your laptop have a card reader. It's a case of going through various steps to find out what is wrong. Also is it a new camera, have you used it before and connected?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Another thought have you installed the software ViewNX2 which should have come with it?
Details here: http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/coolpix/L26L25_EN.pdf

455driver

Veteran Member
Do you need to connect the cable and then turn the camera on?

I have a couple of Samsung cameras and they need to be connected and then swithed on for the computer to find them.

HST Power

Established Member
I used to have a similar problem with my old Kodak. I got around it by taking my SD card out of the camera, plugging it into a card reader and linking that to the computer instead. Obviously this is dependant on whether or not you have a card reader!

harry42

Relax man, give the computer time to try and find drivers, and if it doesn't do anything, try turning the camera on using the power button. That's what I have to do with my kayaking camera.

Alternatively, if you have a memory card reader on your PC, chuck the card from the camera in there

It's OK...this person is amazing :D Phew...it works!

Bevan Price

Established Member
Note that things like memory cards and USB memory sticks do not have unlimited lives. After repeated use, they may develop faults and require replacement. So, always make sure your photos are backed up, preferably in at least 2 locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.