• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can 1 person use the Scotrail "2 anywhere returns for £35" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cumfy

T+C including:

Each ticket issued will be valid for 2 persons travelling together.

If they kick up a fuss can you just say your "friend" is invisible ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
If they kick up a fuss can you just say your "friend" is invisible?
I say no, but feel free to give it a go. Just be sure to let us know when and flamingo can bring the popcorn.

sonic2009

Established Member
I said no as well clearly because the ticket issued for two people.

cumfy

The dummy is a good idea.

Also asking/bribing another passenger to claim they are traveling with you, or indeed actually travel "with" you.

Seriously, are they likely to say no to a singleton ?

najaB

Veteran Member
Seriously, are they likely to say no to a singleton ?
If they're doing their job right they should.
Also asking/bribing another passenger to claim they are traveling with you, or indeed actually travel "with" you.
Much like a ticket bought with a Two Together railcard, two people need to be travelling together for the ticket to be valid. There is not, however, any requirement for the two people to know each other.

cumfy

There is not, however, any requirement for the two people to know each other.

Or indeed even know they are travelling with you or consent to such....

Why didn't I think of this before ...

There really isn't any reason why you can't purchase the ticket for yourself and anyone on the planet is there ?

I'm traveling with him <points>. No.No. You are, I bought the ticket specifically for you... etc

Bring on the popcorn.;)

swapmeetpete

Much like a ticket bought with a Two Together railcard, two people need to be travelling together for the ticket to be valid. There is not, however, any requirement for the two people to know each other.

There is, however, a requirement for the two people to have their photographs printed on the card.

najaB

Veteran Member
There is, however, a requirement for the two people to have their photographs printed on the card.
True, though nothing is stopping you from grabbing a random person from the ticket queue, popping over to a Photo-Me booth and buying the railcard there and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.