• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can you add a London Travelcard to an advance ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor1967

Hi all, I am about to book my annual 2 day trip to London and whilst there I will need an off peak Travelcard 1-6 on day 1 and a Peak Travelcard 1-6 on day 2.

I tend to use the LNER website to book either a LNER or Grand Central advance ticket and return.

I have always bought paper travelcards separately as I tend to dip in and out of Stations and Oyster/contactless can get confused by this.

I have read that it is possible to book York to London zones 1-6 as an actual ticket (using 0035 a code). I have never managed to get the LNER site to book it all on one ticket. Merely advance singles York to London KX and then same in return. Then buy two seperate Travelcards for the days required.

So is it possible to buy the combined ticket on the Advance single and is it cheaper than buying separately.

If so what do you actually put in the destination box as it does not recognise 0035 for example. Or do I just continue buying the 2 paper travelcards as stand alone tickets.

Hopefully the paper Travelcards will still be around when I go in May !!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I have read that it is possible to book York to London zones 1-6 as an actual ticket (using 0035 a code).
Only as a season ticket of one month or longer, definitely not with advance fares.

https://www.brfares.com/!fares?orig=YRK&dest=0035

If so what do you actually put in the destination box as it does not recognise 0035 for example. Or do I just continue buying the 2 paper travelcards as stand alone tickets.
It will need to be bought separately (or as part of a split ticket).

'Mixing deck' websites - eg GWR / TPE (and some others) do recognise 0035 / London Travelcard Zones 1-6 as a destination (from relevant departure stations).

Last edited:

Starmill

Veteran Member
A York to London Zones 1-6 Off Peak Day Travelcard, even if it existed, wouldn't be much use to you unfortunately, because the return would only be valid for the same day.

Better to just book the Advance tickets you want, and get paper travelcards from the machine in London.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You can't get an Advance ticket that includes an outboundary travelcard. You can get an Advance ticket that includes an add-on for one underground journey but that's not going to be any use to you. In any case you can't purchase a ticket with an origin of 'London Zones 1-6' which is what you would need to travel from London to York.

Most websites will ask you if you want a London travelcard but this just adds a separate inboundary travelcard to your purchase.

Razor1967

Thank you for the replies. I will stick to getting the paper Travelcards on both days as in previous years then.

Status
Not open for further replies.