• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Canon or Fuji ?

Canon or Fuji

• Canon Powershot S3 IS

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Fuji Finepix S6500fd

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nathan

Ok i just voted in this poll and let is pass. Time for me to come to the light.

I brought the S5700 we've established it zooms during filming but only unless the object is moving fast when you pan will the zoom be good enough. Problem during filming is that it zooms too fast in and out, if it is very quiet you can hear what is like a small steam engine in the camera puffing away, a fairly light wind factor will mean all you get is noise because the microphone is so sensative! However all in all if you can get it right then it really does shoot film like quality. Of course for me its not a problem, i just use another camera for the videos, use it for what its worth and shoot photos only videos if you have too!

For evidence, 5:55 onwards to 8:15 http://youtube.com/watch?v=hPwQJSx7W3Q obviously from the grass you'll notice the wind ;)

Purple fringing, yes it is present however it only ever occurs for me if im shooting into direct sunlight on a clear day, its not that big a deal. Just photoshop it later to reduce the effect but even then you have to zoom quite a lot to see it present. Chances are that if you dont have a tripod you wont be able to zoom in to maximum and get a clear shot even if you've got the image stablisation on. if you take a photo without a tripod at 10x well i can say for definate the quality wont be like a normal photo.

Macro, the camera having a wide lense means that close up shots are slightly distorted like using a fisheye to an extent. Good flash by all means in low light and even without flash so night shots not a problem. As for battery consumption the first set of batteries which came with the box lasted me my first 7 days before dieing, afterwards discharging my rechargables and ive been on my way since!

Hope this helps in anyway,

Nathan

Established Member
Thanks for that nathan , Ive added your vid to my favourites its fantastic:) , I think I will get the s5700 , its ok and purple fringing isnt to bad:).

ITS ARRIVED:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

thefab444

Established Member
Cheers for that Nathan, we need someone to convince him to buy a camera, any camera, so as to stop all this posting. Next thing will how brilliant the S5700 is, and then 94 threads on "How do you change the screen saze" "You can't" "What , someone said you culd" etc. ;)

If the microphone is like that on S6500, its ok, but it picks up the wind like nobody's business. Again, if its like the S6500, there is a drop in contrast of photos as you zoom in. Not noticeable until you get into 9x/10x zoom, then things start getting a bit pale. Very easy to correct though. :)

Does the S5700 actually have image stabilization?

JS

Nathan

Cheers for that Nathan, we need someone to convince him to buy a camera, any camera, so as to stop all this posting. Next thing will how brilliant the S5700 is, and then 94 threads on "How do you change the screen saze" "You can't" "What , someone said you culd" etc. ;)

If the microphone is like that on S6500, its ok, but it picks up the wind like nobody's business. Again, if its like the S6500, there is a drop in contrast of photos as you zoom in. Not noticeable until you get into 9x/10x zoom, then things start getting a bit pale. Very easy to correct though. :)

Does the S5700 actually have image stabilization?

JS

Yeah it does and thank goodness it has too. I simply avoid going to 9 or 10x when zooming, seeing as the photos are taken at 3072 x 2304 just going maybe to 7x max ensures that you are less likley to blurr the shot and when you get home you can just zoom in a bit more yourself without losing the quality!

Established Member
Yeah it does and thank goodness it has too. I simply avoid going to 9 or 10x when zooming, seeing as the photos are taken at 3072 x 2304 just going maybe to 7x max ensures that you are less likley to blurr the shot and when you get home you can just zoom in a bit more yourself without losing the quality!

I thought it just had an anti-shake mode on the mode setting ring thing?

JS

Nope image stabilization , nathan what camera do you have?:???:.

Status
Not open for further replies.