• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Car on Track

Status
Not open for further replies.

123*

Just drove home via the A67 which runs alongside the Bishop Auckland to Saltburn line.

Just before Teesside Airport station heading from Dinsdale a car had came off the road and was on the tracks. I thought it was strange as I could see through the trees that a 158 was stuck at a red signal which I’ve never seen before!

I also seen a Class 66 heading towards the accident from Allens West. I am wondering what will happen to the 158 as I assume it is stranded and unable to get past. Will it run wrong road back to Darlington? Same question for the 66? Unless it was somehow involved in the rescue operation?!

Hope those in the car are okay!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
Minor RTA with car ending up close to but not on the line. Up road open to line speed traffic, down road running under caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.