Cardiff to Nottingham?

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by macrodollar, 18 Sep 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrodollar

macrodollar New Member

Hi guys,

First post here is asking for advice though I have been somewhat interested in finding a place like this for a while.
    I need to go to Nottingham in the next 2 months from Cardiff but looking at online timetables it looks as if the Central Trains service (possibly merging with Arriva CrossCountry?) direct service has ceased, and that I now need 2 or 3 changes. Anyone know what's happened for sure?

Cheers,
    Sam:)

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Tom

Tom Guest

It shouldn't have ceased - it's one of the key routes in the new Arriva XC franchise. It could be that the timetable isn't fully in the system properly - either that or there are a lot of engineering works!

4. macrodollar

macrodollar New Member

Ah yes, just tried an alternate date and its there, lot of engineering on the weekend I'm planning to go unfortunately! Screw the commuters, do it in the week!:razz:

5. Tom

Tom Guest

:lol:

No chance. :)

6. Mojo

Mojo Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Yes, there is Engineering work for a few weekends coming up, for the past few Sundays there were diversions via Kidderminster, coming up next weekend buses Bham - GCR.

7. 87015

87015 Established Member

Is it annual autumn 'close-the-Lickey' time already then? Usually doesn't start until October! Still, plenty of free rides into new St once I'm back at uni when they RRS the crosscity....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.