• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cardiff to Nottingham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macrodollar

Hi guys,

First post here is asking for advice though I have been somewhat interested in finding a place like this for a while.
I need to go to Nottingham in the next 2 months from Cardiff but looking at online timetables it looks as if the Central Trains service (possibly merging with Arriva CrossCountry?) direct service has ceased, and that I now need 2 or 3 changes. Anyone know what's happened for sure?

Cheers,
Sam:)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

It shouldn't have ceased - it's one of the key routes in the new Arriva XC franchise. It could be that the timetable isn't fully in the system properly - either that or there are a lot of engineering works!

macrodollar

Ah yes, just tried an alternate date and its there, lot of engineering on the weekend I'm planning to go unfortunately! Screw the commuters, do it in the week!:razz:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, there is Engineering work for a few weekends coming up, for the past few Sundays there were diversions via Kidderminster, coming up next weekend buses Bham - GCR.

Established Member
Is it annual autumn 'close-the-Lickey' time already then? Usually doesn't start until October! Still, plenty of free rides into new St once I'm back at uni when they RRS the crosscity....

Status
Not open for further replies.