• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CCTV on LU stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

pethadine82

On Moderation
Which stocks don't have CCTV?
The only ones that I can think of are
1) C Stock
2) 73 Stock
3) 72 Stock
4) D stock

The images on the CCTV are so poor I wonder why they bother.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KingBruss

I believe the 92 stock does not for the Central line, but does for the Waterloo & City line.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
The images on the CCTV are so poor I wonder why they bother.

There was an incident last year on a 379 that they released CCTV pictures from; they were crystal clear. It is only older systems that are poor; however there are LOT of older systems installed

TheVicLine

The images are downloaded to a hard drive on the 09TS trains. They are of a pretty good quality but they are only ever pulled if required by BTP for crimes or for any serious instances of vandalism.

There was a special veiwing suite at Northumberland Park depot when i worked there and that BTP needed to be involved if the images were viewed due to privacy laws etc.

Singing Rails

I travel on 1992,1996 and 1973s to commute, and haven't seen any cameras on any of them, but I have noticed stickers saying "...CCTV cameras are being introduced on London underground trains...", by the middle doors of 1973s

jon0844

Veteran Member
There are now minimum standards on CCTV for any photos to be admissible as evidence I believe. I'd hope the older CCTV systems are being upgraded if they haven't already.

I'd personally seek to install CCTV that is of a sufficiently high resolution to allow digital zooming without losing too much detail. And even for video, with modern data compression you could capture full-HD video and in the not too distant future, I'd say even capturing 4K HD video would be viable.

Then you'll have the ability to really make out details, not just of faces but clothing and loads of other ways to identify people.

Status
Not open for further replies.