• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

central line stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

SqUaShIe P

Hey all
I was travelling into work on the central line the other morning and noticed something strange. All the seats in the carriage had new seat covers and all the seats were nicely padded. As my journey progressed i noticed the central roof strip of lights had been replaced with new light covers/housing, and it my journey was made even better as you could really feel the heating working (and it was a rather cold morning)

My question is basicly, are they refurbishing the whole fleet, or was this carriage just a one off? it was carriage number 91183 if that helps.
Ive looked around breifly but have been unable to find the answers I seek.

Cheers :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, the whole fleet is being refreshed, including new seat coverings, cushions, perches, saloon windows and car body panels, by next year.

SqUaShIe P

owww, cheers, as i said, i looked around, but couldnt find anything on it. will be nice when its all finished

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not at work, but I'm sure the intranet said that work wasn't due to start 'til Spring next year. But I might have been making that up. I'll check tomorrow if I remember.

Dstock7080

Established Member
A new timetable is due to be introduced from 6 March, with 2 less trains to facilitate the refurbishment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.