• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Central Scotland Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian1944

I've not seen this referred to here, but have just noticed a significant worsening of the details on the Scotrail site. There has been a modest increase in price, £1.75 with railcard, but the availability is now any three consecutive days rather than, as before, any three in a run of seven. I guess that this is due to not being able to print the self-completion date boxes on the current ticket layout, so it will now be printed with today's date of issue and validity to the day after tomorrow.

Circumstances make it convenient for me to start on any day but Thursday, so the only way to use the extended validity time of Saturday is to have Sunday as one of the days - when the first train from N Berwick is 10.24, and the service elsewhere is generally less then on other days. Not good.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ian1944

Further to this, I used the ticket today, with some initial difficulty. The conductor on the train from North Berwick couldn't find it on her machine, so I was sold a single to Edinburgh, to be traded in there. This nearly ruined the planned day's itinerary, as the queue in the travel centre at Waverley made the connection out very tight.

For future reference, does anyone know how the rover may be accessed on the onboard ticket machine? It must be posssible, as another conductor, when asked beforehand if the ticket could be bought on the train, said that it could.

ian1944

Thanks.

I saw the same conductor this morning and she said that she could now find the ticket on the machine, but it was not possible to apply the Senior Railcard discount. So the only way of getting it would seem to be to do what I did yesterday, and put up with (and allow for in the planned itinerary) the time needed to trade in the discounted single at Waverley.

Status
Not open for further replies.