• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Centrebus in Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroman62

When I go to Leeds, I get the impression there are more orange Centrebus services being run, but they seem to be the less popular evening routes, or is that just my perception.

Are Centrebus taking over routes from First?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
When I go to Leeds, I get the impression there are more orange Centrebus services being run, but they seem to be the less popular evening routes, or is that just my perception.

Are Centrebus taking over routes from First?

Most of the routes Centrebus run in Yorkshire are the subsidised ones - in the last couple of years they've won a lot of the contracts that First used to run.

This does mean there's a lot of them running evenings and Sundays.

34D

Established Member
Most of the routes Centrebus run in Yorkshire are the subsidised ones - in the last couple of years they've won a lot of the contracts that First used to run.

This does mean there's a lot of them running evenings and Sundays.

Indeed, centrebus have won a lot of stuff (inc daytime, not just E&S). They have even reintroduced dual door buses to the streets of Leeds after an absence of a couple of years :)

Indeed, centrebus have won a lot of stuff (inc daytime, not just E&S). They have even reintroduced dual door buses to the streets of Leeds after an absence of a couple of years :)

Really, is it on a certain route or just random?

Deerfold

Veteran Member

Do they ever use the centre doors? I know I got confused as I often travel by bus in London but bus operators I've used in Halifax and Leeds (including HJC who centrebus took over various routes from) didn't open the centre doors I was waiting next to.

34D

Established Member
Do they ever use the centre doors? I know I got confused as I often travel by bus in London but bus operators I've used in Halifax and Leeds (including HJC who centrebus took over various routes from) didn't open the centre doors I was waiting next to.

Believe the new routes for uni-clarence dock.

Not sure whether they are used or not, but they should be.

If I was stood next to a centre door that didn't open for me, then I would press the button above it and get off.

The middle door (whilever it remains in situ) is part of the MOT test and hence needs to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.