• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chafford Hundred - via Upminster (Split Tickets)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianTheLion

To avoid any potential issues with RPI's in the capital could someone clarify if the following is acceptable.

Im travelling to London in Feb in a party of 2AD/2CH. When Im there I will be using Day Travelcards, purchased with F&F Railcard discount, with the starting point as Wandsworth Town to London Zones 1-6.

Am I correct in thinking if I was to take a train from Fenchurch St to Chafford Hundred I could use my Travelcard as far as Uxbridge? so If I created a split ticket scenario and bought a ticket from Uxbridge to Chafford Hundred my full journey would be covered?

Apologies to Mike from OysterRail in advance because he did already reply to a pm regarding this for me but I want to be 100% certain because I dont fancy having to pay a fine for 4 people because i dont have the correct tickets.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
If you mean Upminster rather than Uxbridge, then yes this is fine as all trains call at Upminster. Alternatively you could purchase a Boundary Zone 6 - Chafford Hundred ticket, which is the same price. The advantage of Boundary Zone tickets is that there's no need for the train to stop (useful where there are trains not calling at a Z6 station), and the routeing is more flexible - you could go via Greys for instance (not that there's any advantage in doing so).

If you mean Uxbridge then I probably need to take more acid before looking at the network map.

Last edited:

greatkingrat

Established Member
I assume you mean Upminster, not Uxbridge! Yes, your travelcards will be valid as far as Upminster so you would only need to buy a ticket for the Upminster - Chafford Hundred section. I'm fairly sure all the trains to Chafford call at Upminster anyway so you don't need to worry about that.

BrianTheLion

Thanks for the replies... and yeah I meant Upminster!! Im not actually sure where I got Uxbridge from in the first place... Think I must have just typed the first thing that popped into my head that began with a "U" - :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.