• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Change Edinburgh to London -> Glasgow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

I've got the return portion of a London to Edinburgh Super Off Peak return, having popped up for Christmas. However, I'll be in Glasgow tomorrow, and to avoid having to faff around with coming back to Edinburgh and dealing with the ECML buses, I'd like to travel down the WCML from Glasgow instead.

Is there a cost-effective way to change my existing ticket, or will I just have to suck it up and deal with it/buy a new ticket? What should I be asking for, if there is? I normally know what I'm doing, but just realised I've never tried to make a change like this before.

Thanks guys, and merry Christmas!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lemonic

Subject to any time restrictions, your ticket is valid between Glasgow and London, so you don't need to purchase any extra tickets. (The only restriction I can find is that you can't arrive at London Euston before 1117, assuming the time restriction hasn't been waived over Christmas)

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Edinburgh to London is valid via Glasgow so simply start short at Glasgow which is allowed with your ticket.

Hah, thanks guys!

I thought I'd checked the validity, but made an error entering the details into the journey planner that left me withe the "multiple tickets are required for this journey" message. Rookie mistake.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I should have added that if you travelled from Edinburgh to Glasgow by train then there is no need to purchase an additional ticket.

Just start your return journey at Edinburgh, have a break of journey in Glasgow and resume your journey when it suits (subject to the expiry date of your ticket and time restrictions).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Surely it's Up the WMCL? ;)

I'm not sure which journey planner you refer to, but most journey planners/booking engines have bugs of some sort (some are better than others). Perhaps the journey planner was looking at an itinerary that involved doubling-back? That wouldn't technically be valid.

The East Coast booking site is quite happy to give itineraries via Glasgow. It's a permitted route.

Attachments

• EDB-EUS via Glasgow.png
    EDB-EUS via Glasgow.png
    43 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.