• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changing advance tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewluck

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could offer advice.

I've booked 2 Adult Advance tickets on the same booking, for the same train Carlisle - London Euston for 22nd October with Avanti.

Due to COVID only 1 adult can travel now.

I wanted to change ONE ticket to a journey on 12th November and keep the other as booked.

Trainpal, where I made the booking can't assist with this straight away. I phoned them and they said they will get back to me within 24 hours about changing one ticket only.

I have visited an Avanti ticket office with the collected tickets and was directed back to the website where I bought the tickets.

Should I be allowed to amend one adult ticket on a booking for two adults?

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Yes, you will need to do it through the retailer from which you purchased. But it should be fine. Are the tickets eTickets or collected from a ticket machine?

alistairlees

Established Member
That’s actually easier than an uncollected ToD. You should be able to send an image of one ticket cut up, together with evidence of a rebooking with the same retailer, then they should be able to refund you for the cut up one, less any fee, and assuming the new one is the same price (or greater).

matthewluck

Pleased that a helpful member of staff at a Northern ticket office has changed it for me now with the £10 fee paid

alistairlees

Established Member
Good stuff. Do you mean they have issued you with a new Advance ticket, which you didn’t have to pay for?

matthewluck

They issued me with an Excess Advance ticket, a change of journey ticket and a seat reservation ticket. Only the £10 admin fee to pay as the ticket was the same cost as the one for my original booked journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.