• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changing Date / Origin and destination on Rail Travel Voucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraser158

I have some rail travel vouchers that I had marked Inverness to Aviemore for today's date but I ended up not travelling today. Also tomorrow I will get the bus to Aviemore instead of the train as the first train does not get me in on time but I will still get the train back.

Is it acceptable to score out what I've written in and change it, or am I snookered?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Cross it out and fill it in with the new details.

causton

Established Member
Top tip for rail travel vouchers: Don't fill them in unless you absolutely have to! Whenever I've used them, I hand them to the clerk blank and not even the clerk has filled them in sometimes, if they have just written a ticket number on it and price and filed it away. I was too scared to write on mine in case they were rejected and I had to use them another time!

RJ

Established Member
I recommend filling them out only at the point of sale. I always check and ask for them to be filled out where it hasn't been done already. I don't see any issue with scoring out the journey details and putting new ones in.

Status
Not open for further replies.