• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chapeltown - Worksop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skarpur

Hi, I'm travelling to Worksop on July 31st and returning on August 2nd.

I'm sorted with times for the trip (Dep CLN 1613 Arr WRK 1713, Dep WRK 1501 Arr CLN 1549) but I'm wondering which ticket to buy as no return seems to exist from the couple of searches that I've done.

The NXEC site suggests singles are available at £3.50 and £5.30, both are labelled as Any Time Day Singles so what is the difference between the two? And am I limited to buying two singles for my journey?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
Hi, I'm travelling to Worksop on July 31st and returning on August 2nd.

I'm sorted with times for the trip (Dep CLN 1613 Arr WRK 1713, Dep WRK 1501 Arr CLN 1549) but I'm wondering which ticket to buy as no return seems to exist
That's right. It's common for the only return fare available for a short journey to be a Day Return. Passengers returning on a different day need to buy 2 singles.

The NXEC site suggests singles are available at £3.50 and £5.30, both are labelled as Any Time Day Singles so what is the difference between the two?
It seems to me that one has a Railcard discount and the other doesn't. Presumably the £3.50 fare is for 2 August, which is a Sunday. I can't immediately think of a Railcard which has a restriction at 1613 on a Friday.

John

Skarpur

Thanks for the reply, forgot to mention that I'll be using a 16-25 Railcard for the journey, and the £3.50 single ticket is available for both days, so I guess that will be the ticket I'll aim to get then.

Status
Not open for further replies.