• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chaserider

SeanM1997

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RELL6L

Now Staffordshire Bus News thread is closed, here is the thread for all things Chaserider specific.

Of note, Chaserider to launch a new 35A/36 route between Walsall - Aldridge - Leighswood/Lichfield (http://www.chaserider.co.uk/):

Each route appears to be operating hourly Monday-Saturday and Good Friday
It seems to replace Diamond 35A between Walsall, Aldridge and Leighswood, currently every 30 minutes, and also Select Bus 36 between Aldridge and Lichfield, currently about every 90 minutes.
Unless it is going to compete with them - which seems unlikely. Select Bus is linked with Chaserider so I am sure it won't compete with that.

It seems to replace Diamond 35A between Walsall, Aldridge and Leighswood, currently every 30 minutes, and also Select Bus 36 between Aldridge and Lichfield, currently about every 90 minutes.
Unless it is going to compete with them - which seems unlikely. Select Bus is linked with Chaserider so I am sure it won't compete with that.

Diamond and Select Bus will finish their respective services, they are tendered by Transport for West Midlands.

SeanM1997

Chaserider new timetables from 4 September 2023 - https://www.chaserider.co.uk/

25, 26 To aid reliability, an additional timing point at Cannock Stadium will be introduced from 4th September.

62 From 4th September some times will change to accommodate changes to school hours.

63 From 4th September some times will change to accommodate changes to school hours.

74 From 4th September some times will change to accommodate changes to school hours.

826, 828 From 4th September some times will change to accommodate changes to school hours.

841 From 4th September some times will change to accommodate changes to school hours.

SeanM1997

SeanM1997

Chaserider changes (https://www.chaserider.co.uk/)

19 - Walsall-Blakenall-Bloxwich - https://www.chaserider.co.uk/assets/ck19_2023-10-29.pdf
This is a new route commencing 1st October which is operated under contract to Transport for West Midlands and will replace journeys operated by National Express West Midlands.
100 - Wellington-Brookside-Sutton Hill-Madeley - https://www.chaserider.co.uk/assets/ck100_2023-10-01.pdf
The route and timetable of service 100 change from 1st October.

Established Member
Reported on the WM bus fourm that a new has arrived at Chaserider.
There was a photo on FB yesterday of the first Volvo B8RLE/MCV Evora delivered in allover white parked up in Delta Way depot - registered BV73MJY, comments suggest these are for the 826/828, it has also arrived incorrectly with seat bealts fitted & will be returned to Volvo to have them removed after repaint.

The 3 ex Centrebus Volvo B8RLE/MCV Evolutions *may* also now be permanent transfers.

There's also thought to be 4 x E200MMC's due too.

MasterSpenny

Wonder what the Evora will be coded as. I can see the 4 Enviro200 MMCs being 544-548, given the Enviro200 MMC linked below is coded as 543 (it is a Chaserider bus before you ask, it’s also not my picture)

bussnapperwm

Established Member
It'll be interesting to see if the MMCs are for the 19 (Bloxwich), as all routes in the West Midlands area have to be Euro VI

cnjb8

Established Member
Wonder what the Evora will be coded as. I can see the 4 Enviro200 MMCs being 544-548, given the Enviro200 MMC linked below is coded as 543 (it is a Chaserider bus before you ask, it’s also not my picture)
I believe the E200s are of varying lengths, so may not all be numbered in the same series. Plus the whole order isn't for Chaserider, it was placed by Centrebus so they may be split between South, North, High Peak, D&G, and Chaserider

ACBest

546, 547 and 548 are already taken by other vehicles in the Centrebus fleet, so they won’t be any of those.

MasterSpenny

According to Bus Lists on the Web (buslistsontheweb.co.uk) the fleet code for the new Volvo B8RLE / MCV Evora is 641

EDIT: it has already entered service. Source (not my photo)

Last edited:

northwichcat

Established Member
There's two of the new MCV Evoras in service. If they were supplied with seat belts, even though they weren't requested, I don't understand why they need to be removed. Unless it's the manufacturer deciding to remove what wasn't paid for?

Also, two orange/blue Enviros have gone from Crewe to Cannock, with two red ones going in the opposite direction.

Djb1

Seatbelts - if nothing else it makes a difference at future mots. If they are fitted they have to all be in working order. However if they are not fitted it doesn’t matter.

Mwanesh

It'll be interesting to see if the MMCs are for the 19 (Bloxwich), as all routes in the West Midlands area have to be Euro VI
There has been anti social behaviour in the area where the 19 goes. So far they have had windows smashed.

Mod note I am working in the area at present.

bussnapperwm

Established Member
Chaserider has thrown in the 19 Bloxwich to Walsall following significant Antisocial Behaviour. Transport for West Midlands have put it up for tender with the following additional notes within the tender documents.

Additional Requirements

As detailed, from late October 2023 a significant increase in anti-social behaviour (ASB) in the Blakenall area became apparent. Some of the ASB has caused the breakage of side windows in buses operating through the area.
An extensive multi-agency response was mobilised in December 2023, with significant resource now being put in to resolve these issues.

West Midlands Police, Walsall MBC, TfWM, bus operators, education and housing partners are all a key part of this.

Actions taken to date include: • Installation of additional fixed CCTV in Blakenall / Goscote • Significant increase in visible police patrols in the area, on and off bus • Further securing of fencing / clearance of areas to reduce hiding places • Partnership working with local schools • Further resource put into Youth Justice • Further investment in Youth Worker resource • Use of technology such as drones • 999 response for any ASB reported by bus operators

Health & Safety
Bidders should note the requirement for internal and external CCTV to be fitted. In addition, it is suggested that bidders consider further risk mitigation, which may include (for example): • Full height assault screens. • Application of transparent film to side windows available from industry glass suppliers.

Prior to commencement of the contract, the successful bidder will be required to submit a full risk assessment to TfWM for the operation of this service and to advise TfWM of any review or subsequent amendment to this risk assessment.
TfWM can brief the successful bidder on risk mitigation measures being put in place by the Police and other agencies.

Local Policing

As far as is reasonably practicable, the successful bidder should have a nominated representative available to attend regular meetings with West Midlands Police, Walsall MBC, TfWM and other partners for the purposes of sharing intelligence and informing local mitigation measures.

Restoration of Full Service

It is TfWM’s intention that the full service should be restored as soon as is reasonably possible.
The re-introduction of journeys currently curtailed will be supported by TfWM’s Safer Travel Team in partnership with local policing teams. Prior to commencement of contract, TfWM will discuss and mutually agree with the successful bidder a timeline for reintroducing the full timetable.

Ideally this would be from the first day of operation; however, a phased approach would equally be acceptable

Mwanesh

Chaserider have handed back route 19 in Walsall. Last day of operation was todayI can't really blame them. There has been so much vandalism on their buses. They have had a couple stoned along the route.

Attachments

• IMG_20240210_215630.jpg
    IMG_20240210_215630.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 60