• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

cheaper eurostar tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

night_cat

Hi
I am travelling from birmingham, to nante via eurostar in june. just wanted to know if there were other sites that had cheaper tickets than the main one.
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ticketmanmike

quite often there are special tickets available to people travelling on eurostar which, in effect, mean free tube transfer but you would need to take a eurostar ticket to the station as the deal is only availble with proof of eurostar travel

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I have in the past got a good deal by buying a hotel + Eurostar deal that I've seen in the paper. However as you are going beyond Paris this might not be a great deal of use to you.

Similarly, check the costs of splitting your journey in London into a Eurostar leg and a domestic leg (buy a ticket to London International which is £18.65 each way). As this may be cheaper. It's less than 10 Min walk from Euston to St Pancras so don't worry about the tube.

button_boxer

Established Member
For Brussels DB do through tickets from London to Germany that include the Eurostar to Brussels and the ICE from there. So if the cheap E* advances have sold out you might find a DB London-Spezial to Aachen is cheaper (and just don't use the ICE leg).

I don't know if any of these are available via Paris but might be worth a look for something like London to Saarbrucken as you can do that by ICE from Paris Est.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
For Brussels DB do through tickets from London to Germany that include the Eurostar to Brussels and the ICE from there. So if the cheap E* advances have sold out you might find a DB London-Spezial to Aachen is cheaper (and just don't use the ICE leg).

I don't know if any of these are available via Paris but might be worth a look for something like London to Saarbrucken as you can do that by ICE from Paris Est.

Since Nantes is in Britanny, that's in completely the wrong direction

blackfive460

And don't forget to look for senior fares if you are over 60. The price difference can be substantial.
Just booked London - Köln and found a journey that was only available as £152 semi-flexible for and adult was only £70 non-flexible for a senior on the same trains.

button_boxer

Established Member
Since Nantes is in Britanny, that's in completely the wrong direction

I know that, but my example was that the London-Aachen through DB fare can sometimes be cheaper than the Eurostar fare to Brussels making it worthwhile buying that and "stopping short" if you actually want to go to Brussels, and I wondered if the same trick might be possible for Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.