• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Child Flat Fare Return (Southeastern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
This is incorrect; they are sold on the Southeastern website, amongst others.
I was referring to other similar schemes in other areas!

The terms are made clear on the Southeastern website when you buy them.
Yes, if you buy through the Southeastern website. Buy anywhere else and you wouldn't have a clue that those terms applied. So you would have no case at all if you bought through the Southeastern website, but a very strong one if you bought it elsewhere and weren't advised of the terms.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I mean if it is valid it would be nice if they don't rid it so I can have extremely cheap travel for the next year (I know depressing one more year of child fares :( )

As a side note, if I decide to use these tickets, are there any documents that would be useful to carry around?
If you use it, having bought it in good faith, there isn't anything untoward Southeastern can do to you

However of course the fare needs to be withdrawn from relevant websites (unless appropriate warning messages can be put in place, which is likely to be impractical for retailers to achieve; the problem is of Southeastern's making).

Felix A

Ok thanks all. This may be going a wee bit off topic but I've also noticed that SE are selling child Kent rovers for £5 on their website. Surely if I buy it off them they can't really do much against me?

Status
Not open for further replies.