• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern - Trainee Train Driver - Bletchley (06/09/23)

joshj00

Hi Joshj00

I received the same having completed it last week. I had a slight panic, but after emailing them back they have just confirmed they sent it to everyone as a reminder in case you hadn’t completed it.

It wasn’t worried the best tbh.
Thank you so much for your reply! Well done for contacting them! Panic over

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RailKing

Hi Joshj00

I received the same having completed it last week. I had a slight panic, but after emailing them back they have just confirmed they sent it to everyone as a reminder in case you hadn’t completed it.

It wasn’t worried the best tbh.
Who did you email? I’ve emailed them last week and no response.

HeelBurton

Must be for one of the courses starting early new year. Good luck with your assessments and interviews people.

clarets2005

Best of luck to anyone applying and going through their assessments and interviews. Been on my course for nearly 4 months now and loving every day. Plenty of hard work, but so, so worth it, and a great TOC to work for all things considered.

HeelBurton

To the people who have OPC tests when are they booked in for?

I know the next course in January is already full so I expect you’ll be A few months after unless chiltern are running courses side by side which would be news to me

michbridie

I know the next course in January is already full so I expect you’ll be A few months after unless chiltern are running courses side by side which would be news to me
The job I applied for at Chiltern is due to start in January. I’m just waiting to see if I’ve got through to the OPC stage. A few people (above) heard yesterday, but I haven’t had an email to say either way. I’ll be gutted if I don’t get through.

HeelBurton

The job I applied for at Chiltern is due to start in January. I’m just waiting to see if I’ve got through to the OPC stage. A few people (above) heard yesterday, but I haven’t had an email to say either way. I’ll be gutted if I don’t get through.
I’ve heard the first January course is Aylesbury and Marylebone only. But there could be more than one in this month.

Be patient though. I’m sure they will get round to you. The OPC itself is very busy at the moment as LNER trainees are going through in their batches.

Out of interest, how is January already full? Is that internal candidates/moves across?

Edit: ignore that, just seen you said its for different depots.

HeelBurton

Out of interest, how is January already full? Is that internal candidates/moves across?

Edit: ignore that, just seen you said its for different depots.
Moves across from other TOCS as qualifieds don’t end up on the trainee courses. Like me when I came over I did the induction and was sent straight back to my depot. Just abit of FYI there.

michbridie

I’ve heard the first January course is Aylesbury and Marylebone only. But there could be more than one in this month.

Be patient though. I’m sure they will get round to you. The OPC itself is very busy at the moment as LNER trainees are going through in their batches.
That’s made me feel a bit more positive, thank you for replying. I’ll keep checking my emails!

RogerDoger

I have mine for booked for the end of Nov. The original Ad said for a Jan start but always thought that may be a push with the timescales available. We will see though

Ju13z26

Just completed my OPC test on Friday 24th in Watford. Got through to the final stage, done the 6 interview questions with the OPC. Got to wait to hear if I passed that. Fingers crossed

wasaconductor

My application was disrupted as my initial questionnaire I did in September was not received by chiltern.... now I wait after i completed the sjt and interview questions just recently.... is anyone else in the same boat waiting to hear after those ?

My application was disrupted as my initial questionnaire I did in September was not received by chiltern.... now I wait after i completed the sjt and interview questions just recently.... is anyone else in the same boat waiting to hear after those ?

I am, I'm currently awaiting the outcome of the same as you.

How do you know your initial questionnaire wasn't received by them?

wasaconductor

I am, I'm currently awaiting the outcome of the same as you.

How do you know your initial questionnaire wasn't received by them?
Well I was waiting a long time and I see everyone else received there sjts so I contacted someone from chiltern who advised me they did not receive the initial questionnaire.... I told them that I I did complete it on the day I received the email. They then let me do the sjt and now I'm waiting to hear the results from that. I have a previous pass for most of my computer tests for train driver with the exception of having to do the two hand again so I'm hoping I get through to next stage so I can complete this.