• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Christmas special in RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Is having the stops in order new for this year?

Royston Vasey

Established Member
What a cynical piece of padding at the end between Thurso and North Pole, 13 minutes recovery time indeed!

Particularly like the stop at Butterwell Opencast :)

Is having the stops in order new for this year?
I believe so. Lots of little touches in there that I am not sure were added before

03_179

Established Member
Would be funny if Tom puts in delayed by X minutes due to Covid Testing

Or Delivering coal in Westminster

william

Established Member
I don't know what this is but it must use its twin Rudolph's on full power when it passes Durham.

blackfive460

I'd quite like to be around to hear those eight (nine if it's foggy) reindeer go onto reheat to get from Stranraer to Barrow in Furness!

You have to enter the 25th on realtime trains to view this working and not the 24th. Does not show up when searching the 24th and advance an hour over to the 25th. Is it just me or is this a little strange?

CHAPS2034

Those are impressive tunnels or viaducts across the Solway Firth and Moray Firth
These are currently known as Boris Projects where the waving of a magic wand and the shaking of an invisible money tree will ensure they are completed by midnight. Treasury and DFT not involved. :rolleyes:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I actually require the 3rd reindeer. Very rare that one…

Western 52

The service seems to have kept quite good time. Maybe Santa and his elves have some lessons for certain train operating companies!

D6130

Established Member
The service seems to have kept quite good time. Maybe Santa and his elves have some lessons for certain train operating companies!
Really? I'd heard a rumour that it had been cancelled at very short notice due to a points failure between Raynes Park and Garelochhead....and that a rail replacement sleigh service had been arranged instead. Apparently each of the nine reindeer were wearing coats in the colours of different TOCs and Santa was sponsored by Virgin in a vain attempt to get back into the rail industry. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.