• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cityfox Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mwanesh

There is another post of Rhys in TM Travel depot in Sheffield putting vinyls on a bus .I dont know how true that pic is .He is a dreamer.Only that he leaves others to pick the pieces

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
There is another post of Rhys in TM Travel depot in Sheffield putting vinyls on a bus .I dont know how true that pic is .He is a dreamer.Only that he leaves others to pick the pieces
He was very close to Phil Stockley who ran TM Travel at the time and subsequently became part of the CityFox management team, defending Rhys on this forum and in other media.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
A weeks work experience was his railway career at Bristol Parkway before peculiar traits were noticed and departure was hastened. A spell at Lawrence Hill gsrage allegedly saw a mechanic leave the business after allegations of missing ticket machines surrounding our friend. A brief National Express career contained disciplinary action towards a third party over our friend allegedly abandoning a car in a bus depot. A train operating company's "Economic Fraud manager" took interest after an non staff individual was noted on the incline at Temple Meads in FGW uniform though with London Underground shoes !!! Same manager took interest in someone selling First Group uniform on Ebay. Director of Bristol Greyhound/Pier Buses, well we know about that fallacy.

But the importation of matchsticks to Cornwall, that we'll never know.....

Some things there that I’d not heard previously esp the FGW bit.

RustySpoons

Well the contact page has been updated with a UK address this time. An address with a huge amount of other companies registered there, so more than likely just an address for the sake of admin purposes.

Theres another bodged picture of a Versa with Ovvio logos on too. I'm guessing the Versa and Solo(s) they had are now also long gone too?

father_jack

I'm utterly amazed that anyone would have noticed that someone was wearing another operator's shoes, especially as most TOCs issue random-brand stuff (if you can get them) and half the staff provide their own footwear.
!
Rail companies provide footwear, usually TUF or Dr Martens cheapest. LU shows a bit more love towards people who stand for 10 hours a day. The point was that the uniform was illicitly obtained and impersonation was going on.......

richard13

I spotted this item in The Gazette (Official Public Record) - https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3276650
I find the dates interesting and the petitioner.

Bankruptcy Orders

Hand, Rhys

24 Romney Avenue, BRISTOL, BS7 9TN
Birth details: 28 November 1994
Rhys Hand, Occupation unknown, of Trelawney House, Surrey Street, Bristol, BS2 8P5

In the County Court at Bristol
No 33 of 2019
Date of Filing Petition: 21 February 2019
Bankruptcy order date: 16 April 2019
Time of Bankruptcy Order: 10:13

Whether Debtor's or Creditor's Petition—Creditor's
Name and address of petitioner: Preston Bus Limited Rotala Group Headquarters, Cross Quays Business Hallbridge Way, Tividale, OLDBURY, B69 3HW
M Mace 1st Floor, 2 Rivergate, Temple Quay, BRISTOL, BS1 6EH, telephone: 0117 9279515

Capacity of office holder(s): Official Receiver
16 April 2019

Dai Corner

Established Member
Being nosey, I searched for 24 Romney Avenue on Google Streetview. There happens to be a bus stop right outside; a constant reminder to Rhys of his venture into the industry.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
The story just gets more interesting! It's pretty evident we were all right in our suspicions that he indeed couldn't afford those buses!

freetoview33

Established Member
I spotted this item in The Gazette (Official Public Record) - https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3276650
I find the dates interesting and the petitioner.

Bankruptcy Orders

Hand, Rhys

24 Romney Avenue, BRISTOL, BS7 9TN
Birth details: 28 November 1994
Rhys Hand, Occupation unknown, of Trelawney House, Surrey Street, Bristol, BS2 8P5

In the County Court at Bristol
No 33 of 2019
Date of Filing Petition: 21 February 2019
Bankruptcy order date: 16 April 2019
Time of Bankruptcy Order: 10:13

Whether Debtor's or Creditor's Petition—Creditor's
Name and address of petitioner: Preston Bus Limited Rotala Group Headquarters, Cross Quays Business Hallbridge Way, Tividale, OLDBURY, B69 3HW
M Mace 1st Floor, 2 Rivergate, Temple Quay, BRISTOL, BS1 6EH, telephone: 0117 9279515

Capacity of office holder(s): Official Receiver
16 April 2019
I'm more interested to know how Preston Bus was involved!

nesw

Meanwhile, OvvioGoup his new venture where he calls himself Managing Director is alive and well in his mind and on social media. A few days ago the account tweeted
‘This will soon be full of cricket goers! Teams will pull together to move thousands of people. #OneTeam ‘ #fantasist
This was accompanied by a photo of a field.

nesw

Why would Preston Bus file a personal bankruptcy rather than one of his companies, any legal experts around?

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Why would Preston Bus file a personal bankruptcy rather than one of his companies, any legal experts around?
It’s a creditors petition?

I’m surprised that there’s been much relationship with Rotala. Don’t recall any vehicles coming from there other than the two elderly Darts years ago.

Bankrupt but could still afford to flirt off to Majorca as the whole edifice crumbled into dust.

richard13

As a PS to my bankruptcy post
  • It is a personal bankruptcy and not one of the companies.
  • He must have personally purchased a bus or something from Wessex Bus or some part of the Rotala group and been unable to pay for it for some time.
  • As the sole owner of the Cityfox companies, the value of those assets would have gone into his bankruptcy investigation.
  • Did his bankruptcy precipitate the demise of the Cityfox group, or did it cease first and thus separately?
  • I wonder whether Phil Stockley and Nick Sidaway as company directors at various times, escaped?
  • The Cityfox companies would have passed to the Official Receiver as part of his bankruptcy.
  • He is automatically disqualified from being a company director from 16 April until discharged.
  • Personal bankruptcy has long term implications to running a company or buying a house.
His Facebook account now shows him as working for Wheeler's Travel in Southampton. I think he had connections with them and if that work is substantive it may provide him with a way of getting into the industry properly and learning skills. He will need real friends and hopefully can grasp what is on offer.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
As a PS to my bankruptcy post
  • It is a personal bankruptcy and not one of the companies.
  • He must have personally purchased a bus or something from Wessex Bus or some part of the Rotala group and been unable to pay for it for some time.
  • As the sole owner of the Cityfox companies, the value of those assets would have gone into his bankruptcy investigation.
  • Did his bankruptcy precipitate the demise of the Cityfox group, or did it cease first and thus separately?
  • I wonder whether Phil Stockley and Nick Sidaway as company directors at various times, escaped?
  • The Cityfox companies would have passed to the Official Receiver as part of his bankruptcy.
  • He is automatically disqualified from being a company director from 16 April until discharged.
  • Personal bankruptcy has long term implications to running a company or buying a house.
His Facebook account now shows him as working for Wheeler's Travel in Southampton. I think he had connections with them and if that work is substantive it may provide him with a way of getting into the industry properly and learning skills. He will need real friends and hopefully can grasp what is on offer.

Wheeler's... No surprise there! Another cowboy operator. Yes he had links to them previously, that's where he got the Wright bodied MAN last year.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Don’t recall any vehicles coming from there other than the two elderly Darts years ago.

A creditors petition only needs £5000 debt, and even two old Darts are worth that. A useful way of making sure he's not fit to hold a PCV O-licence?

Why would Preston Bus file a personal bankruptcy rather than one of his companies

I'm guessing he personally guaranteed purchases. Serving a statutory demand (the precursor to a creditors petition) usually flushes out assets. I'm assuming he's either been hiding his assets and hoping it'll all go away, or Rotala really want to make a point. The court fee for a creditors petition is £1270, so it's not something one does lightly.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
I wonder whether Phil Stockley and Nick Sidaway as company directors at various times, escaped?

If they were clever enough to avoid giving personal guarantees then they should, unless they've acted with fraud or gross negligence.

Personal bankruptcy has long term implications to running a company or buying a house

Not for that long in a standard personal bankruptcy, truth be told.

Now if the Official Receiver suspects fraud or dishonesty, gross negligence (i.e. culpability for your own insolvency or deliberately failing to pay taxes) or hiding assets then things can really get interesting. A Bankruptcy Restrictions Order can prolong the pain for up to 15 years.

nesw

Not forgetting he still faces an appearance at the Traffic Commissioner in the coming months.

Thank you to those of you with knowledge who have given an explanation of the current situation.

nesw

I’m informed that Mr. Stockley is also working for Wheelers’ this weekend on Take That concert shuttles. Oh yes, Mr. Hand is also there.

Dai Corner

Established Member
I’m informed that Mr. Stockley is also working for Wheelers’ this weekend on Take That concert shuttles. Oh yes, Mr. Hand is also there.

In what capacity is Mr. Hand working?

I don't know whether he has his PCV licence but if not they'll get him through the test by the weekend, as this testimonial from a happy trainee confirms.

http://www.wheelerstravel.co.uk/index.php?p=10

Serious question: How long does learning to drive a bus usually take, assuming a normal car licence is already held?

carlberry

Established Member

I don't know whether he has his PCV licence but if not they'll get him through the test by the weekend, as this testimonial from a happy trainee confirms.

Serious question: How long does learning to drive a bus usually take, assuming a normal car licence is already held?
Quite a few companies offer a week course which is what I did. However, having failed the test the first time, I then had to do another day! That is if course just the practical bit, you also need the theory test and CPC elements nowadays.

richw

Veteran Member

Most of the big groups do a 4 week training program with test middle of week 4, and then a further 3-4 weeks with a mentor, route learning etc.
Doing it privately most training is a week.
I did mine with First And it was relaxed and a pleasant experience. A close friend did his privately around the same time and was exhausted and stressed by the end of the week such was the intensity of his training. I on comparison felt fresh and calm throughout.

Ginga

Seems he is working as a controller .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-28-14-36-46.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-28-14-36-46.png
    831 KB · Views: 183

LukeCymru

Surely no operator in their right mind would employ him for anything after all this Foxstar debacle!

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Surely no operator in their right mind would employ him for anything after all this Foxstar debacle!

Wheeler's are cowboys so it's little surprise, they've done business with him before back when he was setting up his fantasy dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.