• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cityfox Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai Corner

Established Member
Rhys wont come here .He knows he will be slaughtered . Wheelers may need to be careful if he is banned from transport jobs for a while .

Can someone be banned from jobs other than driver, transport manager or director?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Rhys wont come here .He knows he will be slaughtered . Wheelers may need to be careful if he is banned from transport jobs for a while .

I'm surprised that Phil Stockley hasn't returned to update the thread.

nesw

Unlikely, as it might be said that Phil S. was convinced by Rhys’ ‘charms’ and was very defensive of any perceived criticism of him or the companies.
James Freeman might also regret appearing with Rhys in photos and providing him with contracts. I really fail to see how so many educated people were ‘take in’ even when it was obvious that not all was as it appeared.

It’ll be interesting to see how Nick S. & Rhys ‘perform’ in front of the TC next month should they appear in person and not by written statement, something that I believe that Nick S. decided upon in the case of Cornwall Busways.

RustySpoons

James Freeman might also regret appearing with Rhys in photos and providing him with contracts. I really fail to see how so many educated people were ‘take in’ even when it was obvious that not all was as it appeared.

To be fair, before the whole Foxstar Newport shambles, things seemed to be moving in the right direction. The taxi side of the business seemed to be doing quite well, Cityfox were operating uni shuttles on behalf of First, they were running rail replacements, they were also working with First on the 'My First Mile' project. If you were a third party contractor dishing out contracts, Cityfox would appear to be quite a decent option.

Obviously it all goes tits up when they start to run a bus service with no intention of paying for any of the assets. But you'd be unlikely to know that was the case until it was too late!

Mwanesh

It is a pity Auntie Beverly Bell has retired. I remember her tearing into First Manchester bosses years ago. One of the guys said he will never want to come up to face Miss Bell again.

njlawley

Are these Public Enquiries truly public? In other words can anyone turn up to observe and expect to be welcomed by the officials (if not by the subjects)?
I've sat in the public gallery of one of Beverley Bell's PIs, so yes - they'll just ask you to register when you arrive, probably for fire safety reasons. Financial bits are usually done in a private side room, with just those concerned and the TC involved - everybody else will be given a break for tea or whatever.

Are they normally held at a magistrate court? Looking at others ones they don’t appear to be.
The North West PIs are held in an office complex near Wigan/Leigh, but the Inquiry Room is kitted out to look somewhat like a court room (such as the sovereign coat of arms behind the chair's seat

It is a pity Auntie Beverly Bell has retired. I remember her tearing into First Manchester bosses years ago. One of the guys said he will never want to come up to face Miss Bell again.
Beverley Bell resigned following a conduct investigation - if she hadn't she might have been removed from post.

njlawley

The motormouth MD in that article is the one who hired a private investigator to fling as much muck at her as possible, and then posted the videos on YouTube under a false name, isn't he?
Yes, and ironically has had his disqualification upheld by a court of appeal

Dai Corner

Established Member
If you are going some distance, you may care to check in case it is cancelled for another date, which sometimes happens.

Good point. I'm only about 12 miles away in Newport and could easily find something else to do in Cardiff but it would be annoying otherwise, especially if one cancelled other arrangements or took time off work.

nesw

Rhys has made his Twitter feed public again and there’s several tweets featuring Wheeler’s staff and vehicles. The descriptions are embellished with ‘our team’ , ‘one of our amazing drivers modelling the new uniform’ , ‘A fresh new look for the bus stop display timetables. One of a few improvements coming to the W1.’ , ‘Busy morning in the workshop for the engineering team as they prep vehicles for MOT.’

The word ‘teams’ and variations of are a common theme of his posts. It’s purely a coincidence that the Ovviogroup tag line is ‘oneteam’. (The Ovvio website is currently offline, though Wheeler’s promises ‘new website coming soon’. Wheeler’s are also advertising for a General Manager https://www.route-one.net/jobs/Management/General_Manager|Wheeler+Travel

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynford1976

Interesting, given that Wheelers have deregistered several of their services in the Andover area this week, including the "Cango" network. Stagecoach have registered some replacements.

ddhecks

I do think this persistent criticism of an individual is getting quite pathetic and bordering on bullying.

I think we can all agree that Rhys made a unfathomable error of judgement in trying to run a registered bus service in Newport. But, really, what’s the big deal? The industry has a robust set of regulations presided over by a robust group of Traffic Commissioners and Rhys will answer for his actions at the upcoming Public Inquiry. He is also bankrupt and clearly going through a lot with none of you knowing what his state of mind is so just think carefully before publicly kicking him.

I will say this, at least he tried to do something which I guess more than most of you have ever done!

winston270twm

Established Member
I do think this persistent criticism of an individual is getting quite pathetic and bordering on bullying.

I think we can all agree that Rhys made a unfathomable error of judgement in trying to run a registered bus service in Newport. But, really, what’s the big deal? The industry has a robust set of regulations presided over by a robust group of Traffic Commissioners and Rhys will answer for his actions at the upcoming Public Inquiry. He is also bankrupt and clearly going through a lot with none of you knowing what his state of mind is so just think carefully before publicly kicking him.

I will say this, at least he tried to do something which I guess more than most of you have ever done!

It may be wise to familiarize yourself with Rhys's past antics, then you may understand why he has such a following!

Rhys has made a few 'unfathomable errors of judgement', one of which has recently come back to haunt him......

ddhecks

It may be wise to familiarize yourself with Rhys's past antics, then you may understand why he has such a following!

Rhys has made a few 'unfathomable errors of judgement', one of which has recently come back to haunt him......

Oh I’m quite aware of his previous form. All I am saying is; it’s getting boring and a bit nasty.

ddhecks

Not all of it.

If it was regarding anyone else, I'd be inclined to agree.

Either way, I don’t care. It’s nasty and nothing less than playground bulling and I will call it out no matter who it is against. You appear happy to single someone out? For what good? Move on.

winston270twm

Established Member
Either way, I don’t care. It’s nasty and nothing less than playground bulling and I will call it out no matter who it is against. You appear happy to single someone out? For what good? Move on.

Get over yourself! Didn't realize you were a mod! You're defending someone who doesn't do business legitimately, I 'strongly' suggest you acquaint yourself with 'all the facts' including those not in the public domain. If you don't like what's posted by the majority, ignore & don't comment!

nesw

It’s interesting that ‘ddhecks’ suggests that recent posts are ‘bullying’ and ‘nasty’ - I’ve certainly only posted information that’s publicity available , often from Rhys’s use of social media.

I was expecting someone from Rhys’s camp to make similar comments to those that he made himself when questions were asked of various business schemes, many that were little more than publicity sound bites. I note that Rhys also responded with ‘boring’ and ‘trolling’.

As I mentioned above, it appears that RH wants to work his magic again using tried and tested methods with doubters (or people in the real world) demonised and himself as the victim. All of this after putting a number of people out of work, hopes shattered and reputations tarnished. Unfathomable isn’t it?

Robertj21a

On Moderation

It appears that you actually know very little about his 'career' and life to date. If you don't want to read anything you're at liberty to ignore it.

winston270twm

Established Member
It’s interesting that ‘ddhecks’ suggests that recent posts are ‘bullying’ and ‘nasty’ - I’ve certainly only posted information that’s publicity available , often from Rhys’s use of social media.

I was expecting someone from Rhys’s camp to make similar comments to those that he made himself when questions were asked of various business schemes, many that were little more than publicity sound bites. I note that Rhys also responded with ‘boring’ and ‘trolling’.

As I mentioned above, it appears that RH wants to work his magic again using tried and tested methods with doubters (or people in the real world) demonised and himself as the victim. All of this after putting a number of people out of work, hopes shattered and reputations tarnished. Unfathomable isn’t it?

Don't forget 'out of pocket' as well both individuals & businesses…….

PhilStockley

Phil. Your "defence" of Rhys is admirable despite all that's been going on... . And from an industry perspective I've yet to hear anything directly negative about you (and I would rebuke anything !) but have heard much about you being judged by the company you keep......

I wasn’t aware I had offered a defence or was required to do so. There is much that could be said, but won’t be while this board continues to fabricate complete untruths to suit its own narrative and then celebrate them as ‘facts’.

Anyway, my point - which you avoided - was really more about the inappropriately personal nature of some of the comments, including one about me.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Seriously? I already thought this board was doing a good job of finding new depths to sink to, but is this really now the level of debate?

Phil,

I think some of us are very upset by the antics of Rhys, over very many years, and somewhat surprised that you tend to stick by him regardless of what he does. It's a free world and all that, but don't be surprised at the negative views towards him (but certainly not you) given his history.

Status
Not open for further replies.