• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Claiming compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun!

Hi

I was caught up in the delays last Friday on the Cambrian and Welsh Marches Lines and arrived at my destination around 80 minutes late.

The ATW compensation form asks for a validated ticket, what does this mean? My ticket wasnt stamped, or had a punch hole placed in it.

Also how will they know my exact time of arrival as we were placed on a rail replacement service, not on a train for the final part of the journey.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Is that 80 minutes later than the scheduled arrival using the itinerary including the rail replacement bus or 80 minutes later than the usual times, ie. using trains all the way?

Sun!

The rail replacement bus wasnt scheduled as far as I can tell, it certainly wasnt when I started my journey. It is 80 minutes later when using the trains timetable.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
If it is not a planned 'bustitution' then you just send in the tickets, regardless of whether it has been stamped. There is no requirement for tickets to have been physically 'validated'.

Sun!

Thanks for the help.

I sent the tickets registered post and they arrived today. How long do they usually take to issue refunds?
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.