• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Claiming delay repay early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibbs

I had a lovely trip to Birmingham with some friends this weekend, however we fell victim to the fact that LM have about 7 train drivers and as a result our 10:13 train was cancelled.

We got the 10:46 after spending 30minutes in the excellent Doric Arch pub.

I filled out the delay repay section on my iphone app while still travelling up to Brum. I also claimed for all three tickets at once. I did photograph all the tickets and our seat reservations in the same picture.

The fact that I filled out the application before I definitely knew I was going to be late or that I'm claiming 3 tickets at once won't cause any issues, will it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Does the form not ask for the actual arrival time? Until you have arrived it is unclear how this can be completed. I suppose you can provide the new scheduled time but that's not quite the same thing.

Providing the form was completed accurately and honestly I don't see an issue otherwise.

Tibbs

No, it asks for the start time of the train, and how late it was. The option was 30 to 59 minutes late.

Given that the 10:13 takes 2 hours and the 10:46 takes 2:15 (I'm rounding here) I thought it unlikely the train would pull into New Street almost 20 minutes early, unless the train driver had a real leadfoot (or hand I guess!).

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The actual delay will be verified by Customer Service anyway so I wouldn't worry about it. There is nothing wrong with submitting a claim while you are in the middle of your journey as many people forget afterwards. This is one of the benefits of being able to submit your claim on the go.

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
The actual delay will be verified by Customer Service anyway so I wouldn't worry about it. There is nothing wrong with submitting a claim while you are in the middle of your journey as many people forget afterwards. This is one of the benefits of being able to submit your claim on the go.

If only you could do it on Android

Tibbs

It's this one:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/london-midland/id470194379?ls=1&mt=8

Search for London Midland if you can't find it.

It's surprisingly good. You get a link to their twitter feed, train times and you can even buy tickets, but the last time I tried only tickets that started at finished at stations that LM serve. It does live departures, too.

The delay repay just populates a form that you then send via email.

Status
Not open for further replies.