• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 144's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawallace

Could someone tell me:-

i. Which routes these operate on?

ii. What diagrams there are in each day?

iii. What is the best place to see the most of them in a four to five hour period?

Thanks in anticaption?

mark

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Could someone tell me:-

i. Which routes these operate on?

ii. What diagrams there are in each day?

iii. What is the best place to see the most of them in a four to five hour period?

Thanks in anticaption?

mark

Leeds station. thats your simple answer.
They operate on almost all the local services out of leeds and sheffield. (not hope valley) Along with 142's and occasional sprinters. Leeds your best bet.

Or are you wanting to ride them?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
As jimmy says for 144s your best bet is definitely Leeds and West Yorkshire generally. Over the course of a few hours you should plenty of 144s running around, if you actually want to ride them around a bit then get your self a West Yorkshire Train Day Rover. It's valid on all trains after 09:30 in the area shown on this map (except zones 6 and 7) and only costs £5.70 for the whole day.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
As jimmy says for 144s your best bet is definitely Leeds and West Yorkshire generally. Over the course of a few hours you should plenty of 144s running around, if you actually want to ride them around a bit then get your self a West Yorkshire Train Day Rover. It's valid on all trains after 09:30 in the area shown on this map (except zones 6 and 7) and only costs £5.70 for the whole day.

I went looking for that after posting, cheers :)

When i wait for trains at leeds, i usually miss the keighley train by seconds and wait half hour) i see loads of 144's, you could almost see every one in 4-5 hours at leeds.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
My morning 7:54from Normanton to Leeds (starting at Sheffield) is nearly always one. Although we did get a 158 for some reason a couple of days ago. They seem to turn up on the Leeds - Man Vic via Dewsbury fairly frequently as well.

Yew

Established Member
I would say there is probably a 50/50 chance of a 144 or 142 at lincoln. then a slight chance of a stray sprinter

GNERman

Established Member
saw two in York yesterday.

But Leeds is definitely your best bet, they work Sheffield, Man Victoria, Knottingley, Morecambe, Harrogate Loop or anything else they can think of putting them on...

Status
Not open for further replies.