• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

class 156 pro released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
arrgh...BVE developers are spoiling us at the moment, so many fantastic new routes and trains; surprised the neighbours aren't complaining.

Great stuff - thanks.

Daniel

Established Member
One of my neighbours did complain of "rattling".... parents were out so I did have some fun with 43's, 153's, 37's and the 156...

Guinness

Established Member
Is this because you couldn't handle the criticism of labelling "Professional" at the end?

pedned

Is this because you couldn't handle the criticism of labelling "Professional" at the end?

If its not professional you do better...
Youve got till mid-night...

And its becuase of Pricks like you hastling him he cant be arsed with it. Hes got better things to do, like building a chopper and making the update for the 156 PROFESSIONAL!!
yes PROFESSIONAL!!!!!!

Lewisham2221

Established Member
If its not professional you do better...
Youve got till mid-night...

And its becuase of Pricks like you hastling him he cant be arsed with it. Hes got better things to do, like building a chopper and making the update for the 156 PROFESSIONAL!!
yes PROFESSIONAL!!!!!!

TBH, if he can't handle criticism he shouldn't bother, full stop. Just because he's developing something for free doesn't make him immune from criticism. If something's free but doesn't live up to expectations, why should people have to kiss arse and pretend that they like it just to please the creator?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Swear filter needs an upgrade ;)

pedned

As you said, hes making it for FREE and in HIS FREE time.
so why should he have to put up with immature T##TS slagging off his work.
Well its not even work its just a hobby.

I can handle criticism. - I can handle streaming and ranting passengers, thats my job. BUT I shouldn't have to handle it here when I do this in my free time, I shouldn't have to expect it either.

Please can we leave this now, and go onto something else. Oh and for your information I removed it to update it and rename it to stop this childish criticism over a name.

And i'm not going, no matter how hard you try :)

Lewisham2221

Established Member
As you said, hes making it for FREE and in HIS FREE time.
so why should he have to put up with immature T##TS slagging off his work.
Well its not even work its just a hobby.

And who are you to tell me or anyone else if they can or can't criticise something?

I hope you realise when you slag off Railnetwork your effectively slaging off Trainsimcentral and BVE In Scotland (last developer left in Scotland I might add) because we're all in this together. :)

So please think before you post and infact just leave it now and continue posting regarding the thread title.

Dennis

Established Member
BVE developers are of course unpaid and therefore cannot, by definition, be professional. So, after installing the 156, I immediately renamed the train folder to "class 156 pro standard created by an unpaid developer who gave up his leisure time so that I can enjoy mine". ;)

Thanks Dennis - I have renamed it to just 'cl156' that will be re-released again soon with a number of updates just waiting for Steve to come back from holiday. :D

I as Zane quoted a few posts back am the last remaining (regular) contributer to the fine sim called BVE. You slag off Zane and his work , your slagging Steve Green and Me. How dare you! You spend a year knocking your pan in on your spare time to get something like we have then you can have credit. Its a free sim people! Sod the arguments , if you don't like a name or title or product , I'm sure your recycle bin will enjoy it. Please , I ask you all to offer credit to who has done the work , if you can , help. Don't slate people , thats when the proverbial cogs grind to a halt and your all forced to look to other places to find something to occupy yourselfs. Come on , give the developers a break!

Lewisham2221

Established Member
I as Zane quoted a few posts back am the last remaining (regular) contributer to the fine sim called BVE. You slag off Zane and his work , your slagging Steve Green and Me. How dare you! You spend a year knocking your pan in on your spare time to get something like we have then you can have credit. Its a free sim people! Sod the arguments , if you don't like a name or title or product , I'm sure your recycle bin will enjoy it. Please , I ask you all to offer credit to who has done the work , if you can , help. Don't slate people , thats when the proverbial cogs grind to a halt and your all forced to look to other places to find something to occupy yourselfs. Come on , give the developers a break!
It's that kind of attitude that ****es people off...

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Seems that somebody missed my point somewhere, so I'll try and word it a bit differently!

I use BVE and, for the most part, enjoy the add-ons that developers create, as a hobby, in their spare time, for free. I also respect that fact that this is the case.

However, as with anything released into the public domain - whether it be freeware BVE add-ons, a website, photographs or even a bit of text forming a personal opinion on a forum somewhere - the author should expect to receive some level of criticism or disagreement. No matter how hard you try, you aren't going to please everybody - but by no means does it mean that people are only entitled to give positive feedback.

But for people, including developers, to then come and post things like "How dare you!" is bang out of order, if you want respect from the community, at least give a bit of respect to opinons of ALL members of that community.

Right , I admit I went too far, I apologise for being out of order. Today has not been the best for me regarding BVE , I went too far. Its sad when people argue or fight over things.

Lets just put this situation to bed and forget about it. Lets look forward to whats going to come out rather than moan about something thats all ready released

pedned

Lewisham...If you dont like something that some-ones created out of free will and of no profit then do us all a favour and dont download it!!!

However you can slag it off as much as you want. But theres a place and a time, and thats in your head.
How would you like it if you created somethign and people started arguements over the name and started slagging off you and all the other creators involved.
You wouldn't be happy right? We we're not either!!!

MODS- Hurry up and lock this thread before i end up saying something I shouldn't, and get banned for it... (well i might have already done that :lol:)

I understand and I have taken 'criticism' - however I expect the 'criticism' to be less aurgementive and powerful specially over a name that doesnt effect the train released in the first place.

If this was such a problem I think either Steve or Tony H would of said something before hand during testing. At the end of the day, it's been released and has had a number of positive feedback which has supported me enough to continue with my next project - the class 20.

I have since removed the Class 156 'Professional' from the downloads page on my website so that it can be renamed, reimaged with an updated and complete new installer to provent any further arguements and fighting.

All I say is this, next time anyone has a problem at such a level please PM me it and you'll find I'll take it a lot better.

Mod, please lock thread. - I asked for this to stop.

pedned

Zane at the end of the day its only the minority who are giving negativity...
The majority of us have given you positive feedback.
Keep our head held high and ignore them.
If they're jealous, or just simply dont like it its ther problem not yours.

Keep up the brilliant work.
And im glad and acctually quite honoured to be on the team :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
just pmed a mod, hopefully this will be locked soon.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This is a warning for those who were arguing, you know who you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.