• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 165 nest MKC

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcooler123

Just been past Milton Keynes and noticed in the sidings north of there a GWR Class 165. I'm just curious as to what it's doing there/where it is going - odd seeing GWR colours on WCML!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Just been past Milton Keynes and noticed in the sidings north of there a GWR Class 165. I'm just curious as to what it's doing there/where it is going - odd seeing GWR colours on WCML!

it will be off to Wolverton for an overhual. The sidings south of Wolverton station are the exchange sidings. They then run under the WCML into the works complex. It is an interesting shunt.

RailWonderer

Established Member
Its a 2 coach refurb unit, I passed it yesterday myself. There are a ton of 365s and 319s nearby as well. I thought they'd all been cascaded/scrapped already.

FGW_DID

Established Member
165137 was the unit moving to Wolverton, the return trip with 134 was cancelled.

xcooler123

Thank you all for the comments! Surprised I haven't seen more then as I travel up and down that section of the WCML regularly - must just be coincidence

sprinterguy

Established Member
Are the remains of the Ladbroke grove 165 still there?
I didn't think that either of the less damaged vehicles of 165115 avoided scrapping. One of the driving cars from 365526 which was involved in the Potters Bar derailment, 65919, is in store at Wolverton though.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
I recall the worst damaged vehicle of 165115 was laid out flat as a sort of reconstruction as part of the accident investigation. I think for legal and insurance purposes the worst affected vehicles have to be retained until everything is concluded, so keeping the remains off that, and other accident victims such as 365526 along with N739PA doesn't really surprise me, especially given how long the legal wrangling's take.

sprinterguy

Established Member
I recall the worst damaged vehicle of 165115 was laid out flat as a sort of reconstruction as part of the accident investigation. I think for legal and insurance purposes the worst affected vehicles have to be retained until everything is concluded, so keeping the remains off that, and other accident victims such as 365526 along with N739PA doesn't really surprise me, especially given how long the legal wrangling's take.
Ah yes, good point, I hadn't considered that the remains of the leading vehicle would likely have been retained for the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.