• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 175 - the next chapter possibly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyrleybart

Established Member
37610 and 37800 with barrier vans moved a class 175 as 5Q60 0954 Holyhead-Central Rivers on Monday. The move ran via Chester, Ccewe, Penkridge and Walsall.

Cenral Rivers depot is an Alstom location and the 170 is an Alstom product

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Doomotron

I'm not sure if this is meant to mean anything. It's an Alston train going to an Alstom depot. I don't know the reason for it, but I doubt it has anything to do with 'the next chapter' of their lives.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
It’s certainly very curious. I’ll wait to find out more information before I get my hopes up personally, but it is nice to see a potential glimpse of hope for the class. It might of course be nothing.

ls2270

Established Member
Another 5Q60 running today…1053 Holyhead Sdgs to Central Rivers formed of 37611 and 37608 with 175105.

Caaardiff

I'm not sure if this is meant to mean anything. It's an Alston train going to an Alstom depot. I don't know the reason for it, but I doubt it has anything to do with 'the next chapter' of their lives.
I think they are still going through their major maintenance regimes, so it could either be that or signs of things moving because they have a new home.
Previously a lot of the major maintenance was being done at Longsight, then Ilford and now seems to be Central Rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.