• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 319 workings South of Greater London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Just wondering are there any Brighton or Three Bridges or Gatwick Airport services that are still worked by 319s or is it now entirely 377s and 387s and 700s on these services?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NSE

Established Member
Though not on the route you specified, they are still very common on the Wimbledon loop I believe. Out of personal interest, when will 700's start rolling along that route? Or will 377's/378's cover some diagrams to get the 319's gone quicker? I like to use that route but not a massive fan of 319's.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Though not on the route you specified, they are still very common on the Wimbledon loop I believe. Out of personal interest, when will 700's start rolling along that route? Or will 377's/378's cover some diagrams to get the 319's gone quicker? I like to use that route but not a massive fan of 319's.

It has been fairly regularly pointed out that the 377s and 387s will be gone from Thameslink before the last 319s.

But there are already some 700 diagrams on the Wimbledon loop, aren't there? They were reported starting a while back, around mid November IIRC, it will be in the Class 700 introduction thread somewhere.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
It has been fairly regularly pointed out that the 377s and 387s will be gone from Thameslink before the last 319s.

But there are already some 700 diagrams on the Wimbledon loop, aren't there? They were reported starting a while back, around mid November IIRC, it will be in the Class 700 introduction thread somewhere.

Maybe our resident expert might like to give a hint as to when Saturday Class 700 diagrams start - I'm guessing around March? Class 377/5's are certainly becoming regular now on the Sutton loop

NSE

Established Member

Oh fair, I haven't trawled through that thread as it's pages long. And I won't be using the line again to at the earliest, May. So hopefully there should be some more 700 diagrams when I'm there next.

Class377/5

Established Member
At the moment the 700s are replacing the 387s and then the 377s before replacing the remaining 319s.

There are no booked 319s on the Brighton line and it's unlikely to happen much now.

By May there will be a lot of 700s running everywhere with limited 319s by then. And by limited, it could be no 319s at weekends by then.

palmersears

Established Member
Is there a known destination for the Thameslink 319s once their time is up? Or are they all off for storage?

palmersears

Established Member
Some to Northern, LM, some in store.

Are there any indication of the expected numbers for each?

Also, I assume the TL 387s will be staying until the May timetable change before heading off to pastures new?

Class377/5

Established Member
Are there any indication of the expected numbers for each?

Also, I assume the TL 387s will be staying until the May timetable change before heading off to pastures new?

TL has just 6x 387 and all be gone next time some more 700s arrive.

As for units (amount and unit), I don't have a full idea I'm afraid.

By May it should be 319 or 700s.

trainmania100

Established Member
The occasional 319 does pop up on the BML every now and then but as every one else said, it is very uncommon

wls1

I saw something recently that doesn't GX have one of the Thameslink ones?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.