• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 321s

Status
Not open for further replies.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
OK I'm now on my next project.. Classes 320/321/322

Does anyone know where I can get detail shots of the inner (gangway) ends, underframe details for each coach and side-on pantograph shot?

Later I will convert the 32x template into a class 319 as they are basically the same bodyshell with minor differences!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonb

Established Member
I can probably get some for ya seeing as I go on 'em everyday...

Julian G

Established Member
jonb said:
I can probably get some for ya seeing as I go on 'em everyday...
What Part of the 321 do you go on?

I've noticed Yorkie went on the Pantograph Car of the 321 last Time when he was in London :happy3:

jonb

Established Member
Julian G said:

I've noticed Yorkie went on the Pantograph Car of the 321 last Time when he was in London :happy3:

I just get on and sit anywhere. Whats so special about the panto car???

16CSVT2700

Established Member
321previewsq7.jpg

Thats what I've done so far...

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Julian G said:

Are you talking about the meet where you were there at the start and at some point you seemed to vanish? If so, you got a 313 and I got a 321, I fail to see how you could note which part of the 321 I boarded as you were not even there. Unless you are saying you saw us as we went past South Kenton at about 90mph, which is very dubious.

Anyway please don't post something that makes me look like a unit ned! :p

Julian G

Established Member
yorkie said:
Are you talking about the meet where you were there at the start and at some point you seemed to vanish? If so, you got a 313 and I got a 321, I fail to see how you could note which part of the 321 I boarded as you were not even there. Unless you are saying you saw us as we went past South Kenton at about 90mph, which is very dubious.

Actually I was with you and Tubenutter from the Start, when Joe,joy54,Seth,ChrisJ,TomL,TC,Graham,Coxster,Harold went to the Tube
and Us 3 took the 321 and then we went to that bakeries thing at Harrow
to get 2 Meal Deals
I do remember about the 313 which had the defective door at Harrow ;)
I vanished at Harrow on the Hill because I wanted to wait for the 15:45 Baker St (Super fast) Metropolitan line train, not stopping at Wembley Park! :)

devon_metro

Established Member
Julian G said:
I vanished at Harrow on the Hill because I wanted to wait for the 15:45 Baker St (Super fast) Metropolitan line train, not stopping at Wembley Park! :)

HELLFIRE

;)

Julian G

Established Member
Joe H said:
I'm sure there are plenty of commuters who sit in the panto coach who are not buzz fans or unit neds. What significance does it bear?
Good Point joe, remember Buzzfire 317511 ;)
What About this guy ;), >> Click Here
He is really fussy on what trains he travels on, sometimes after school he always wait 1 Hour or less for a D-stock Refurb , he hates Slammers, he loves Modern Plastic Junk,

16CSVT2700

Established Member
yorkie said:

Try and stick to the topic eh Yorkie.. tut tut :sign4::sign4::sign4::sign4::sign4:

yorkie said:
unit ned!
Funny how you hate our guts yet use that word!
(And we all know you're a unit basher at heart really, better to come out sooner rather then later ;))

16CSVT2700

Established Member
I make it no secret that I like the odd unit..

Some people (like yorkie) seem to be focused on locos-only.. which to me clearly isn't getting the whole railway experience. This requires travelling on said units.

Also those of you who are wanting to fill in their route maps.. the majority of routes (such as Kent) can ONLY be done using units. Unless you're gonna wait around for a few years for a tour like the Thames Trader (which don't happen that often!).

Like Joe said.. whats so bad about units? (continue this debate in a seperate thread please!)

Sprog

Established Member
The Thames Trader was bloody fun :)

Liking the drawing so far!

Why must you highjack someones half-decent thread to start a petty argument and score points agaisnt each other. Appears youve toched a raw nerve with Yorkie there. ;) :roll:

And unit 'bashers', Or Veg....or Tw@ts...

but not Neds please.

We are an elite group on enthusiasts and best freinds, who take pride in being enthusuasits and enjoy our hobby!

Dont associate us with some of the little, immature children who frequent this site then ride around on trains in london hanging from grab-bars, climbing in luggage racks and dancing around the coach :confused:

As a founding member of DirtyNeds, this comes from both me and my fellow staff ;)

Offical complaint...? *considers*

class 313

Established Member
Jamie if you need pics of 321s just drop me a PM or contact me on msn.
[EDIT]
Sprog said:
The Thames Trader was bloody fun :)

Liking the drawing so far!

Why must you highjack someones half-decent thread to start a petty argument and score points agaisnt each other. Appears youve toched a raw nerve with Yorkie there. ;) :roll:

but not Neds please.

We are an elite group on enthusiasts and best freinds, who take pride in being enthusuasits and enjoy our hobby!

Dont associate us with some of the little, immature children who frequent this site then ride around on trains in london hanging from grab-bars, climbing in luggage racks and dancing around the coach :confused:

As a founding member of DirtyNeds, this comes from both me and my fellow staff ;)

Well said there sproggy, back to jamie's 321 i say

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
50149 said:
Try and stick to the topic eh Yorkie.. tut tut
I was responding to the claim that I make a big deal about sitting below the panto.
50149 said:
Funny how you hate our guts yet use that word!
(And we all know you're a unit basher at heart really, better to come out sooner rather then later ;))
Eh? :scratch:
50149 said:
Some people (like yorkie) seem to be focused on locos-only.. which to me clearly isn't getting the whole railway experience. This requires travelling on said units.
Oh dear. Why start an argument? I like some units, but I don't see the point in this...

Sprog said:
Appears youve toched a raw nerve with Yorkie there. ;) :roll:
I just think these attempts at causing aggro are rather immature to be honest.
Sprog said:

but not Neds please.

Oh, you object to the use of the word neds? Rail enthusiasts have used the term "ned" to mean a young enthusiast who likes modern traction for decades, you can't claim exclusive use of the term "ned" to apply just to your group of mates now. To some extent we are - or were - all "neds" at some point anyway ;)
Sprog said:
I know exactly who you are referring to, and I agree it is immature, but I fail to see where or how I associated you with him.

Sprog said:

Complain all you want, but I hardly think that every time someone uses the term "ned" you can claim some sort of copyright over it, or complain that they are referring to your group.

theblackwatch

Established Member
The word 'ned' has been around since before many people on here were born - it has even been used on a TV programme on Channel 4 (called 'Bashers'), when Grandad described it as standing for 'New Engine Desperado'.

So, there we have it, DirtyNewEngineDesperadoes!!

Sprog

Established Member
haa, nice

but

a MU isnt an eninge

i like modern traction yes..so im a ned

sad little kids who bash EMUs are not real neds.

they are sad little Veg.........

Ascot

Established Member
Woah d00d, just cos some people like to travel on the only traction available on the line doesn't mean their mentally dumb or in your case a "veg" that means vegitable and someone who has a mental disorder so arrange ya words cos that's offencive as anno a veg and anno a unit lover and he ent dumb.

devon_metro

Established Member
Me :) :lol:

Units get you from A>B. They may not be the most exciting thing but they do their job. For the people that don't like units... A thumper and Southern Slam Door EMU etc is a unit and i'm sure many of you like those.

Ascot

Established Member
exactly, everyones everyone and doesn't need to be called a veggie they can use a keyboard and type properly so why the need?

Status
Not open for further replies.