• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 33 on the move...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMH77

When I went out to grab some lunch earlier I noticed a low-loader with what I believe was a Class 33 locomotive on the back a little way up ahead. This was in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. I couldn't see the number but it was in BR blue livery and looked in pretty good condition. I'm guessing it was just passing through but anyone know any more?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D365

Veteran Member
Whereabouts in town was this? I'm curious as to where it's travelling from/to, hopefully someone in the know can clarify.

JMH77

It was just near the main Tesco store. It had stopped but was gone when I came out the shop. Thinking about it they must plan the routes of something this size so it must have been in the area for a reason as it's not really on the way to/from anywhere obvious except maybe from March direction along the A141 to the A14/A1.

Juniper Driver

Established Member
I saw a steam engine somewhere near Southampton today and everybody was absolutely creaming it.Cameras everywhere.Any ideas?

Also what number was the 33?

JMH77

It wasn't D6530 by any chance was it?

It may well have been. I only caught a quick glimpse of the cabside, not enough to make out the number but it looked like it started with a D rather than 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.