• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 345 progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

D365

Veteran Member
This month's Modern Railways TIN watch shows a MTIN (miles per technical incident of just 2027 miles.
Glad my comfy car is much more reliable and I don't have to risk trains anymore.. Poor show.
K

The only interface a car has is with the road :rolleyes:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

iphone76

Think is pretty poor they don't have some kind of degraded dispatch procedure if the monitors don't work at one station.

There are degraded dispatch procedures, however, it was thought it was a train issue and they didn't want the delay of carrying that out at each station. Then the next two trains experienced the same which pointed to a platform issue.

A slightly amended policy has now been issued so hopefully there will not be a repeat of this. Fingers crossed.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
No plans to further extend Platform 14. Currently 8x387 or 7x165/166 coaches.
That’s what I thought was the case.

Back at the start of CP5 (around mid 2014) the EDP reckoned it was going to be extended for 12 x 20m trains, but the wording disappeared from the quarterly update documents fairly soon after that. I’d assumed they must have realised by then there was no room to extend that far outwards from the platform end; we also discussed in a thread a few years ago it was impossible to extend P14 more than a few yards inwards at the buffer end, since the alterations for the new taxi rank escalators & lifts etc got in the way.

spark001uk

Established Member
Just seen a ROG 37 hauled unit on my way to Pad this morning. Looked it up and it looks like it goes from ooc to Ladbroke, then back up through Ealing to Greenford South, back down again and through Acton up to Wembley yard, then back down again through WLL to Plumstead.
That's an awful lot of run-rounds? Or is that the purpose of it? I see it's a Q headcode, which although not set in stone seems to usually be used for training/route learning.?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Many Q paths that are in the WTT are for inter-depot transfers. Effectively reserved for those fairly normal but not every day moves. So it’s conceivable that such a route covers more than one reason, deliveries via Wembley, depot transfers, maybe turning a unit.

tridentalx

First 345 ran on ATO between Westbourne Park and Abbey Wood earlier this week
Sorry, that isn't correct. The first day's running was at low speed (max 23mph) to test the infrastructure and start comms testing. No signalling is yet available in the Stepney Green to Westbourne Park area. Will be a few weeks before CBTC testing starts; ATO will be part of that.

dp21

Just seen 567N - 1016 Old Oak Depot to Gidea Park CHS passing along the GEML.

Didn't catch the number - anyone have any ideas what unit this is/why the move? There wasn't a spec of dirt on it so I assume it's a new one?

BRX

Established Member
There was a swap yesterday, I saw them both on the SLL. Firstly 036 going from old oak to plumstead, then 032 going back in the other direction.

lordbusiness

Just seen 567N - 1016 Old Oak Depot to Gidea Park CHS passing along the GEML.

Didn't catch the number - anyone have any ideas what unit this is/why the move? There wasn't a spec of dirt on it so I assume it's a new one?

37601 hauling- caught it at SRA when it went home. I think I saw 345027 at Gidea Park on the way home but not 100% sure as I was the other side of the train.

Buggleskelly

37601 hauling- caught it at SRA when it went home. I think I saw 345027 at Gidea Park on the way home but not 100% sure as I was the other side of the train.

I can confirm 100% 027 is probably the one you saw at Gidea Park, as it was still there as of this afternoon. Interestingly it had Elizabeth Line branding instead of TFL Rail.

samuelmorris

Established Member
Aha thanks for confirming that, I was certain I saw a 9-car in the sidings when I went past yet but I assumed I imagined it since I didn't realise there were any there yet.

Bigbru

Not sure but they are testing from Pudding Mill Lane, so I'd assume it's for that

Status
Not open for further replies.