• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 376 refurbishment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class455

Established Member
Hi all, I was just wondering, are there any plans for the refurbishment for Southeastern's Class 376 fleet? They're still in pretty much original condition, and now that the Class 375's have all been completed, wouldn't they start treating the 376's too?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
The only thing I can think that needs to be fitted to them is air conditioning, that's it.

londonteacher

Yes I agree, but actually they were much cooler than the 466/465s in the recent heatwave.

Mikey C

Established Member
Don't they have some sort of air cooling/fan system fitted, unlike the Networkers?

EssexGonzo

Yep, forced air I think. Apparently retro fitting aircon would take up no more room than the current ventilation units.

Mikey C

Established Member
At the risk of turning this in to yet another thread discussing seats, they're not overly comfortable!

But the legroom is very good. Dare I say, excessively good in the airline seats (and that's coming from someone who's usually complaining about lack of room!)

387star

On Moderation
Staying with se most networkers look very smart externally at the moment no graffiti visible

Goldfish62

Established Member
We'll have to see what the franchise award, currently due November, brings. If they're retained, certainly aircon as a minimum and possibly a toilet per unit.

route101

Established Member
Funily enough i was reading an old rail magazine and they had an article on these , didnt even know 376s existed

387star

On Moderation
I doubt they will be retained

Could they replace 313s on the coast?

I think Southeastern will be putting in a big order they may as well move to a uniformed stock supplied and maintained. 376 would be suitable for the coastway and if enough spare replace the 455s as well. The infrastructure is in place for DOO operation in South London and the coastal depots have Guards who operate 313 depends on if Southern are planning a fleet upgrade in their new franchise or happy to take cascaded stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.