• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 390 Refurbishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramling

Veteran Member
It appears to be a self service "bar" for First Class passengers, so having it in First Class probably makes sense! :)

If that’s all it is then I suppose it’s okay, however it still isn’t a wonderful idea to be having people traipsing through to reach it.

I would hope that the coach K issues can be designed out, however am not holding my breath on that.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
If that’s all it is then I suppose it’s okay, however it still isn’t a wonderful idea to be having people traipsing through to reach it.

I would hope that the coach K issues can be designed out, however am not holding my breath on that.

Would be very easily solved with an additional partition a window width down and two bays of 4 at tables inside it for staff breaks.

Trackman

Established Member

williamn

We should probably just be grateful that any buffet is being retained these days!

tarq

This video from Angel trains gives a very nice artist impression of the Class 390 refurbishment.

It’s good to see Avanti appear to be keeping the interior generic and debranded. The sooner GBR can get involved in initiatives like this, the sooner we can get a consistent railway.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
It’s good to see Avanti appear to be keeping the interior generic and debranded. The sooner GBR can get involved in initiatives like this, the sooner we can get a consistent railway.

This isn't the actual interior. The actual interior looks rather like the East Coast Trains interior. I have seen it but I can't remember where - thought it was posted on this thread but it isn't.

Edit: ah, it's in this video:

507 001

Established Member
I’ve just been sent these by a friend;

It’s nice that they appear to be lining the seats up with the windows.

But…

What on Earth are those standard class seats?!24C045E3-503B-4D87-9DCD-BB5289ECE82D.jpegB305CD90-4A25-42BC-A7CC-1CCF23AF4320.jpeg94F2FE15-C9E5-4B60-83E8-63646CC1554D.jpeg3994CC77-7E73-47F0-8249-0AB4E71F96C5.jpeg

XAM2175

Established Member

But…

What on Earth are those standard class seats?!

From earlier in this very thread:
This video from Angel trains gives a very nice artist impression of the Class 390 refurbishment.
These are concept designs from a while ago and not necessarily what we will be actually getting.
Yes, it's been discussed elsewhere as those vestibule displays were trialled years ago on the training coaches at Crewe.

mmh

Established Member

But…

What on Earth are those standard class seats?!View attachment 102718View attachment 102719View attachment 102720View attachment 102721
Other than the icky airline seats in first, they are already aligned to the windows. There is no way we'll be getting aligned seats in standard, regardless of what those mockups suggest. 2+2 seating in K? Massive artistic licence!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Other than the icky airline seats in first, they are already aligned to the windows. There is no way we'll be getting aligned seats in standard, regardless of what those mockups suggest. 2+2 seating in K? Massive artistic licence!

I am sure I read that the seating layout is not changing.

mmh

Established Member
I am sure I read that the seating layout is not changing.
Indeed, I'd be very surprised if it did. It would considerably increase a refurbishment cost to have to re-wire and make new housings for things like the reading lights and reservation displays. The plastic will be removed, cleaned or recoated into whatever the colour du jour is, and replaced into exactly the same position, I'd wager.

Trackman

Established Member
Not seen this posted. The media images have been floating around but there’s also a poorly filmed walkthrough which shows how much has been ripped out.
Thanks, not seen this before.
Great stuff, especially the roof section bits.
Hopefully panel-rattling will not return once complete.

Mikey C

Established Member
If they're stripping everything back like that, maybe the seat layout will be altered.

Furrball

If you look at the current seating plans on avanti website they have somewhat jumped the gun as they seen to already show power sockets at every seat

HarryL

Trackman

Established Member
How long has it been in upto now? In this video going over what they're doing, the guy suggests it'll be in for 16 weeks at roughly the 30 second mark. 6 weeks for technology upgrades, testing and validation followed by the installation of the new interiors and furniture for the remaining time assuming there's been no delays.
It's been there since July. I suppose as it's the first one a delay is inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.