• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 43's, 91's and East Coast 82's in store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a bit of fun i have set myself a little challenge i hope to complete by the end of the year. I want to get a photograph of every FGW and EC class 43, Class 91 and EC DVT's.

Can anyone tell me if there are any stored members (and storage locations) of these classes which i may not be lucky to get the chance to photo?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Ham

Established Member
I don't know about the number stored, but there are:
31 class 91's and DVT's at East Coast
32 class 43's at East Coast and
117 class 43's at First Great Western

Even not allowing for stored trains that is quite an undertaking, could you post on here once you have completed it.

theblackwatch

Established Member
The 'rare' DVT to look out for is 82224 - it is officially 'spare', ie not allocated to a rake, so is only normally used when another vehicle is out of action.

Thank you both for your info. I know what my targets are now :)

I will certainly let you know when (or if) i complete my little challenge.

82224 i'll keep a special eye out for.

I'm pleased to have already got the 2 HP liveried 43's in the bag, it sort of makes up for missing the 'Bond 007' 91 set. Typical that i left it too late to get a picture (i only relocated up this way 4 weeks ago) but saw 91107 on 2 consecutive days last week <(

Last edited:

ash39

Established Member
I did this last year with the Class 91's. I also imposed that identical photos in the same location was a no no so I ended up with 31 nice individual photos. Let us know how you get on!

82224 should be easy to spot as it's the last one still in blue.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
82224 was out and about yesterday, and according to someone who works at one of the stations on the ECML, it has been used a lot recently. Incidentally, 82224 is grey now.

Southern Dvr

The DVT involved in the Heck derailment still exists but (I believe) is not viewable anywhere public.

sprinterguy

Established Member
The DVT involved in the Heck derailment still exists but (I believe) is not viewable anywhere public.
I have great difficulty believing this. There was virtually nothing left of the DVT involved in Great Heck, it was completely demolished. The entire carriage rake involved in the Great Heck collision was written off and scrapped at Doncaster.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I have great difficulty believing this. There was virtually nothing left of the DVT involved in Great Heck, it was completely demolished. The entire carriage rake involved in the Great Heck collision was written off and scrapped at Doncaster.

Yep. The only survivor from that formation (aside from perhaps a salvagable few components from the 'country' end of the rake) was 91023, now 91132.

Status
Not open for further replies.