• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 47 anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nathan

I'd have my suspicions, if something's too good to be true it usually is...

We'll have to see.

Established Member
I'd have my suspicions, if something's too good to be true it usually is...

We'll have to see.

I believe 'SPOONER' on the wnxx forum who owns Cotswold rail has confirmed it is being sold by e-bay :shock:

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Someone who is smart enough to realise that it can make them much more than they pay for it.
But not smart enough to realise 703 is a complete wreck?
I do wonder about some of these kids!

O L Leigh

Established Member
I would be tempted, but my back garden isn't long enough. Plus I'm sure the neighbours would have something to say about it. Mind you I'm sure there wouldn't be any objections to me getting a new shed.

Ghostcav: Your fiver isn't going to stretch very far. Need a sub...?

one TN

wow.

I didn't know it was possible to buy a loco for that price, especially an operational one.

If I was earning upward of £50k a year, I'd buy that, but I earn about £250 from birthdays a year only.

I'd say contact Wenslydale Railway.

I'm sure you could find a heritage railway to have it stored.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
My sentiments exactly...:lol:

I'll share the sentiments on 47703. I CANNOT stand the pile of junk!

Anyone up for splitting the cost of an oxy-acet kit? Sure Booths won't mind us happily cutting the thing up for them. I'd cut it up for free...

*Cue evil laugh*

Established Member
Erm perhaps it can be used for spares to keep other 47s going longer?

Why not just buy the spares off demic spoons, why buy a whole loco when most companies who operate a fleet of 47's (Cotswold/Riviera etc) already have a store of spare parts. People/Groups who own 1 or 2 locos would probably just by the spares from a scrap merchant! 8-)

Can't see it been brought for more mainline running, hear it's knackered, oh and add to your purchasing costs some OTMR 8-) Unless it has it :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.